- Expired: September 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Duchesne County is a great place to call home for the 18,000+ people who live here. The County is bordered on the east and west by Uintah and Wasatch counties respectively, on the north by Summit County, and on the south by Carbon County. The state's highest mountain, King's Peak at 13,528 feet above sea level, is located in the county's Uinta Mountains. It is the perfect place for families to come together and enjoy a variety of activities such as ATVing, boating, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and hunting.
There is a different energy in the Uintah Basin and a sense of community in each of its small towns. Opportunities to get-away without even leaving your backyard is what the residents love and with the median home price around $350,000, Duchesne County's cost of living is significantly less than on the Wasatch front.
The Duchesne County Sheriff's Office is led by County Sheriff Travis Tucker and Chief Deputy Monty Nay. Together they have created a work environment where officers WANT to work!
If you are not living in the Basin, take a drive and come see for yourself... You probably never thought Duchesne County would be home but maybe it should be!?
Check out this short video to learn more about Duchesne County:
Under the supervision of the Corrections Corporal, performs a variety of correctional duties related to the security, safety, order, control, and discipline of the jail, including incarceration and supervision of inmates.
- Provides security of the county jail, i.e. inspections of locks, gates, doors, and perimeter gates.
- Supervises inmates in accordance with establishing policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Observes conduct and behavior of inmates to prevent disturbances and escapes; searches inmate cells for contraband articles; patrols assigned areas for evidence of forbidden activities and infractions of inmates.
- Employs various forms of discipline as needed to maintain order among inmates.
- Performs inmate supervision during recreation, meal periods, and transit.
- Provides necessary needs (physical, medical, etc.) of inmates.
- Performs various tasks associated with the acceptance of new arrestees, such as searches, pat-downs, bookings, and logs, secures confiscated property brought in by arrestee, and reviews offense status and classification to determine the level of security and confinement.
- Performs various duties associated with the release of inmates. Verifies that all Duchesne County-issued property is returned and in proper condition; completes release paperwork; forwards any court documentation to the appropriate courts; and returns all property to the individual that was confiscated at booking.
- Prepares arrest records including reports, bookings, releases, fingerprinting, and mug shot photography; assists in the maintenance of various records and information reporting materials and databases.
- Operates and oversees the Control Room and masters all security and electronic functions to ensure the total security of the facility. Maintains a daily log of all activity and incidents.
- Subject to on-call status as needed.
- Subject to rotating shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Performs related duties as business necessitates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must be at least 21 years of age; and
- Bilingual Spanish is desired, but not required.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
- Must have a current and valid Utah Driver's License; and
- Must complete, graduate, and receive certification in Special Functions Officer and Basic Corrections Officer from the Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST) within 10 weeks of hire.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check and drug testing.
- Must successfully complete one year of probation including a Field Training Officer course to continue employment with the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office.
- Must complete CPR certification within one year and renew as required.
Get fresh County Correctional Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.