- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Manager position at Dubak Electrical Group involves specialized work in managing and estimating electrical construction projects within the greater Chicago area. The projects will vary in size and location and will be industrial in nature. These projects will also vary by industries. This position will assist in creating/finding new bidding opportunities, partner with the estimating team, plan the awarded work, executes the awarded projects, monitor and control the projects, and finally close the project out with the assistance of other departments.
The Project Manager is the single point of accountability for the delivery of projects, including design (where applicable), scope, cost & schedule. Additionally, this individual is responsible for providing overall direction of projects, involving Industrial Electrical Construction & Maintenance. The position also includes developing new business opportunities, relative to a particular Client, group of Clients, and market sectors or national geographical area. Project sizes will typically range from $10,000 to $2.5M.
Travel to project jobsites is required for this position. For this Project Manager position, most of our clients will be in the greater Chicago area.
- Strong understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities.
- Understand the importance of putting the client first and treating the client as you would want to be treated.
- Working knowledge of industrial construction, design, finance, and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good computer skills including MS Project, Word and Excel.
- Good technical writing skills are required specifically noting construction proposal documents, scope of work documents, and client presentation packages.
- Experience in complete Industrial Electrical Job Costing and Tracking.
- Working knowledge with electrical (High/Expert), mechanical (General), pipe work (General), civil work (General), structural work (General).
- Ability to coordinate multiple craft labor resources.
- Ability to understand and coordinate installation methods of civil, mechanical, and electrical works, as to prevent physical interference of the final installed product between the three installation types.
- Ability to utilize project proposals and contract as a management tool.
- Ability to understand project scheduling and man-power loading.
- Detailed knowledge base of industrial electrical estimating methods in the areas including Power, Control, Automation, Instrumentation, Lighting, Contract Maintenance, Data/Voice, Fiber Optic Wiring, Project Management.
- Ability to learn, and desire to learn and participate in continuing education through inter-company training, seminar, and select university resource training as directed, provided, and requested by the Company, at the Company’s expense.
- Ability to lead and perform meaningful value engineering analysis for clients without sacrificing safety or quality.
- Ability to lead pre-construction activities on major and minor projects.
- Self-starter/self leadership to complete projects within bid time constraints (time management).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
This description is summary of job expectations for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the project, needs of the client and organization.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits including, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, among numerous other voluntary options
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Training for Recommended Programs
- Positive Work/Life Balance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- 5 years (Preferred)
Dubak Electrical Group, LLC and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, membership or activity in a local commission, veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
AddressLa Grange Park, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Dubak Electrical