Provide leadership support to the operators to execute the unit quality programs to enable the business to profitably meet customer and product regulatory requirements in compliance to the quality management system.
- Serve as Core Process Owner to provide support advancing internal and external quality and customer knowledge for the Operator Work Process Model. (Star Points, SQC's)
- Implement and maintain the business/site quality programs which align to the Business Quality Strategy at the unit level.
- Provide an effective interface between the Quality and Commercial Marketing Teams and the plant to ensure consistent high-quality service to customers. Represent the Voice of Customer at the shop floor level.
- Ensure non-conforming product is appropriately managed to prevent unintended use.
- Assist team to generate and use quality data and KPI's (production health, customer complaints, plant metrics etc.) to enable the unit to drive product quality improvements.
- Lead and participate in management of change reviews that potentially impact product quality (e.g. specification, train qualifications, plant equipment / systems, analytical testing, etc.).
- Ensure plant Operating Discipline system, procedures and guidelines meet quality system requirements, as appropriate (e.g. Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 9001 etc).
- Provide consultation on applicable material handling guidelines and quality requirements, and material and information flow to ensure execution of production to plan.
- Provide support to Quality Team in the proper dispositioning of segregated production and tests.
- Train and provide guidance to plant and other roles that impact product quality (e.g. lab, maintenance, logistics, etc.) on customer and product regulatory requirements, and the use of supporting tools and processes to achieve plant and business goals.
- Identify and lead improvement opportunities as determined through data analysis, customer audits, Six Sigma projects, and other quality-related programs.
- Host customer and other quality related external party visits and audits, in cooperation with Commercial and other functions.
- Minimum is a four-year Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering.
- Green Belt or Lean certification preferred.
- 5 or more years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a leadership position.