Electronics & Imaging is a technology leader with a unique depth and breadth of knowledge, applications and technical expertise, and product portfolio. Our products serve the semiconductor, advanced chip packaging, circuit board, electronic and industrial finishing, photovoltaic, display, and digital and flexographic printing industries. Electronics & Imaging is a leading innovator with unmatched materials integrations expertise, built upon our recognized strong customer relationships and our global market presence.
DuPont's Electronics & Imaging is recruiting for a Production Technician II to join its dynamic team located at its manufacturing site in Newark, DE.
DuPont offers an engaging work environment offering thousands of innovations every year. Successful candidates are given the opportunity to grow through involvement in various dynamic industries while exploring The Miracles of ScienceTM. We offer a competitive benefits package that is effective on the first day of employment. This includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, holiday and a bonus plan.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your key responsibilities:
As a Production Technician II, you will:
- Use different types of machines and presses to manufacture final pad products
- Operate Power Industrial Truck (PIT) equipment for moving and loading cakes
- Inspect and operate required testing equipment for product quality
- Operate heavy machinery
- Cutting, lamination and cleaning equipment
- Use the computer for data entry, MTL, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Logbook, training, non-conforming product, audits, etc.
- Move carts from area to area
- Lift and place inventory on carts
- Stand for extended periods of time while working at machines
- Follow all DuPont safety, quality, job, and site policies
- Follow and update operating procedures
- Responsible for ensuring, promoting, and working in a clean environment with varying degrees of temperatures, humidity and Quality Protective Equipment
- Expected to wear Personal Protective Equipment & Quality Protective Equipment (including hairnet, face/beard nets, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hat, cleanroom suit, cleanroom booties)
- Responsible for performing a full range of physical duties to include: climbing stairs, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling and performing overhead work.
- Some work requires manual dexterity & repetitive movements of the upper extremities
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks
- Able to work within an empowered team environment
Your qualification profile:
- A minimum of a High school diploma or GED is required; Associate degree, or higher is preferred
- A minimum of 1-3 years' work experience in industrial manufacturing/warehouse environment is required
- Previous military experience within an Industrial, Instrumentation, Process Technology or related field is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc, and the ability to learn new systems quickly is required
- SAP experience or proficiency with other logistical management software applications are preferred
- A valid U.S. state driver's license is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills are required
- While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to:
- Repetitive forward bending at waist 15 reps/1 min
- Repetitive squatting 15 reps/1 minute
- Carry in left & right hands up to 15 lbs
- Carry in two hands 20 lbs
- Floor to waist 45 lbs x 4 reps
- Floor to overhead 25 lbs x 4 reps
- Lifting up to 30lb. frequently, lifting 50 lb. occasionally
- Must be able to work overtime when required per business need
- Must be able to work in different shifts, to provide coverage, per business need
- The position requires the flexibility and willingness to work either of two shift options; evening shift (2 pm - 10:30 pm, Monday - Friday) or night shift (Mon-Fri 10:00 pm to 6:30 am)
- This role is located in Newark, DE and may require less than 5% of travel
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States; No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles...in all these areas and many more, we're working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, act like an owner and partner with customers in our journey.