Our client is looking for a full time Addiction Counselor for their IOP in Glen Burnie, MD.
Everyone deserves a welcoming place to come home to. For people in recovery, we have that supportive living environment that is essential to success.
Conveniently located between Baltimore and Annapolis in the Glen Burnie/Pasadena area, we offer a new approach to the challenge of post-treatment housing. Staffed by addiction experts and designed to foster supportive social connections, each of our sober living communities offers our guests a clean, safe space and a real sense of belonging and community.
Your Job as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient's recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
Your Responsibilities as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care; Evaluate patient’ needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Qualifications as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
- HS graduate or equivalent required; prefer bachelor's degree in social or health services field from an accredited college or university
- Must have one of the following:
Dt Staffing Llc
Why Work Here?
Excellent potential for career advancement and personal growth!
Glen Burnie, MD