Drummond Company Birmingham, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $11 to $12 Hourly
Drummond Company Inc., is currently seeking candidates for the position of Courier to run errands and make deliveries and pick-ups for the office located at our Liberty Park location in Vestavia Hills.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver license and good driving record
- Customer focused, detailed, and structured
- Accustomed to performing skills in a fast-paced environment
- History of integrity, reliability, initiation, and ability to follow directions thoroughly
Essential Physical Functions:
- Sitting required for long periods of time to perform desk activities such as writing, using calculator, keyboard, reading, interviewing, etc.
- Standing required at file cabinets, copier, within offices, etc.
- Walking is required to get to other buildings, other offices, to get to various places within work area, etc.
- Climb stairs to enter some buildings, or when away from the office at conferences, etc.
- Balancing required while on steps.
- Stooping may be required for accessing low filing cabinets to obtain files and other records.
- Overhead reach required to obtain records/files from upper shelves and the top drawers of filing cabinets.
- Forward reach required to perform desk activities such as using the phone, calculator, keyboard, writing, etc.
- Bended reach required to access lower file drawers.
- Handling required digital phone, writing, keyboard, calculator, etc.
- Use of fingers required for digital phone, writing, keyboard, calculator, etc.
- Talking required on phone, in meetings, person-to-person conversation, etc.
- Seeing required to perform work accurately, for calculator use, filing, using keyboard, etc.
- Hearing required for telephone, meetings, person-to-person conversations, etc.
- Lifting and carrying required for objects that usually weigh 10 lbs or less: groceries, large containers, files, records, books, etc. May occasionally need to lift and carry items weighing more.
- Pushing and pulling is required with approximately 5 lbs of force required for grocery cart, file drawers, doors, etc.
Note: Reasonable accommodations will be made, if necessary, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employment Company.
We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis; including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or disability.
Every day, on every project, at every level of this company, we are committed to our employees, our customers, the communities where we operate, and the global environment.
As a global leader in coal production, today Drummond ships more than 30 million metric tons of coal and controls reserves of more than two billion tons. Being a leader means an unyielding commitment to provide our clients with the very best in quality and service. In addition to coal, Drummond is the largest merchant coke producer in the U.S. and is well known in the foundry industry for superior products and reliability of supply. Every day, on every project, at every level of this company, we are committed to our employees, our customers, the communities where we operate, and the global environment.
1000 Urban Center DriveBirmingham, AL