Passenger Rail Mechanic Apprentice
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $22 Hourly
Drummac, Inc. is an integrated rail services company that specializes in providing mechanical and janitorial services to the transportation industry. With operations located across the United States, the services we perform range in scope from routine mechanical maintenance, inspections, repairs and cleaning to providing equipment and supplies for the transportation industry with a niche in passenger rail. We provide these services using in-house resources, enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in our industry.
A Mechanical Apprentice, known at Drummac as Qualified Person (QP) must be able to work in compliance while maintaining and repairing passenger rail cars and locomotives while working under the supervision of our Passenger Rail Mechanic. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Performs air brake inspection of passenger cars, private cars and have knowledge of air brake systems
• Performs locomotive daily inspection; able to troubleshoot and handle repair/replacement of parts
• Troubleshoots passenger cars including but not limited to toilet systems, air conditioning systems, doors, panels, lights, electrical systems and brake systems along with making any necessary repairs
• Ability to fill out regulatory, client and Company-required paperwork
• Performs necessary electrical tests, removes, disassembles, replaces, repairs, modifies, rebuilds, assembles, adjusts, and maintains batteries and all electrical equipment or components on locomotives
• Communicates written and/or verbal findings of inspections to Supervisor
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on-call is required
• Flexible schedule to accommodate dynamic train schedules
• Ability to work outdoors in inclement work conditions is required
• Wears and uses required protective equipment while working
• Takes responsibility for own safety while on the job
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned
• Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills
• Valid driver's license is required.
• Trade school or formal railroad locomotive or diesel mechanical maintenance training required
• Trade school or formal railroad locomotive or diesel mechanical maintenance training required.
• Knowledge of locomotive mechanical or locomotive electrical or industrial heavy equipment mechanical experience is required.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment screening process.
Drummac is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Drummac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Drummac