Traveling Passenger Rail Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*As a Federal Contractor, Drummac Inc. will require all employees to be either fully vaccinated *or* be subject to a daily temperature check as a condition of employment. Please reach out to our Recruitment Team for additional questions
The Traveling Passenger Rail Mechanic, known at Drummac as a Traveling Qualified Mechanical Person (QMP), will be responsible for the inspection and repairs of passenger cars, freight cars, utility vehicles, and locomotives, as needed. This individual will also be heavily involved in the restoration of passenger cars and required preventative maintenance work. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Performs air brake inspection of passenger cars and private cars and have knowledge of air brake systems, including the ability to troubleshoot problems and make repairs as needed.
- Be able to perform locomotive inspections as needed (i.e., daily, 92-day, and yearly) and make necessary repairs.
- Troubleshoot rolling stock problems and make the necessary repairs including but not limited to the following: HVAC systems, air brakes, electrical systems, door systems, and truck and suspension systems.
- Performs necessary electrical tests, removes, disassembles, replaces, repairs, modifies, rebuilds, assembles, adjusts, and maintains batteries and all electrical equipment or components on locomotives.
- Ability to fill out regulatory, client, and company paperwork.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on-call as needed.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate dynamic train schedules.
- Communicate professionally with Manager/Supervisor both verbally and written as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement work conditions is required.
- Wears and uses required protective equipment while working.
- Takes responsibility for own safety while on the job.
- Required to travel to sites and projects 50% - 75% of the time.
- Creates and maintains documentation and reports as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing, and reasoning skills).
- Valid driving license required.
- Minimum of 2.5 years of railroad locomotive mechanical, locomotive electrical, heavy industrial equipment, or diesel mechanical maintenance experience required. Trade school graduates will also be considered.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of FRA regulations, OSHA 1910 and 1926 standards, DOT standards and other applicable federal, state, and local regulatory standards.
- Possesses certifications for CFR 229, 236, and 238. A working knowledge of GCOR and NORAC safety are also desired.
- Ability to work in a wide range of environments including those involving hazardous conditions which may require lifting or exerting force exceeding 50 lbs.
- Must have appropriate licenses and certifications.
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel overnight as required by business needs.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
Drummac is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Drummac, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Drummac, Inc.
Get fresh Traveling Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.