Lead Passenger Rail Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Drummac, Inc. is an integrated rail services company that specializes in providing mechanical and janitorial services to the transportation industry. With operations located across the United States, the services we perform range in scope from routine mechanical maintenance, inspections, repairs and cleaning to providing equipment and supplies for the transportation industry with a niche in passenger rail. We provide these services using in-house resources, enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in our industry.
The Lead Passenger Rail Mechanic, known at Drummac as a Lead Qualified Mechanical Person (QMP), must be able to work closely with local supervision and follow their direction in their absence. They will be responsible for the inspection and repairs of passenger cars, freight cars, utility vehicles, and locomotives, as needed. This individual will also be heavily involved in the restoration of passenger cars and required preventative maintenance work. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Works directly with the site supervisor to monitor and lead the operations of the site to ensure the contracted scope of work is followed.
- Monitors operations to ensure that staff members comply with all safety rules.
- Promotes safe work activities by conducting and reviewing frequent safety audits and sets expectations of direct reports to ensure safe practices are followed at all times
- Performs air brake inspection of passenger cars, private cars and have knowledge of air brake systems.
- Performs locomotive daily inspection; able to troubleshoot and handle repair/replacement of parts.
- Troubleshoots passenger cars including but not limited to toilet systems, air conditioning systems, doors, panels, lights, electrical systems and brake systems along with making any necessary repairs.
- Ability to fill out regulatory, client and Company-required paperwork.
- Performs necessary electrical tests, removes, disassembles, replaces, repairs, modifies, rebuilds, assembles, adjusts, and maintains batteries and all electrical equipment or components on locomotives,
- Communicates written and/or verbal findings of inspections to Supervisor.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on-call is required.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate dynamic train schedules.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement work conditions is required.
- Wears and uses required protective equipment while working.
- Takes responsibility for own safety while on the job.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Trade school or formal railroad locomotive or diesel mechanical maintenance training required.
- Positive work history / personnel record
- Valid driver's license is required
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must have great communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules, and overtime
- Must hold a current QMP certification card
- Minimum of 2.5 years locomotive mechanical or locomotive electrical or industrial heavy equipment mechanical experience is required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment screening process.
Drummac is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Drummac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressOklahoma City, OK
AutomotiveView all jobs at Drummac, Inc.
Get fresh Rail Car Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.