Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Drucker Diagnostics Philipsburg, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is responsible for performing technical production operations and testing of prototype and production ready equipment. The position will also support the development, implementation, and training of standard operating procedures and work instructions used to assemble, process, test, and/or manufacture medical devices and laboratory equipment and assist in identification and elimination of waste throughout the production process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with engineers to assemble, program, test, and inspects prototype and production ready equipment and machines
- Works with engineering and manufacturing management to identify and eliminate problems, to streamline processes, and to improve production methods, efficiencies, and equipment
- Performs time studies to support other engineering functions
- Prepares layouts and drawings of the assembly process and parts to be manufactured
- Creates and updates process documentation and work instructions for assembly operations
- Assists with and provide input on the design, develop, testing, and manufacturing of jigs, fixtures, tools, production equipment, and manufactured products
- Assist with estimating labor cost, equipment life, and plant space
- May assist in performing preventive maintenance of equipment, specifying and requisitioning parts, and the administration of Preventive Maintenance Software
- Performs other duties as required
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components and equipment including the use of special instruments for testing and diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with ISO manufacturing environments and related systems.
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma concepts
- Ability to multi-task and support production while meeting project completion target dates.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology or related two-year technical degree OR
- Accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent in a technical field and two years of experience OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new software if specified for application
- Ability to work with machines and in close quarters with others
- Must be highly safety conscious
- May be exposed to high voltage electricity
- Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds
- Manufacturing environment
Powered by JazzHR