Our office is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist to join our team. We are looking for a reliable, self motivated and professional team player to work 15-20 hours a week. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
You will assist the dentist in various procedures and operation of x-ray machines. To do well in this role you should have a current State hygiene license, up-to-date vaccinations, and previous experience as a dental hygienist.
Dental Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Collect, noting and reviewing medical and dental histories from patients
- Chart dental conditions based on dentist’s observations and evaluations
- Sterilize dental instruments and tools
- Instruct patients of all ages on proper dental hygiene and care
- Take X-rays of patients’ teeth and develop them for dentist’s use. Exposing and developing x-ray film.
- Provide chair-side assistance during dental procedures
- Feeling and visually examining gums for signs of disease, sores, and other dental health issues.
- Promoting preventative dental care to improve patient oral health care.
- Applying fluorides and other dental decay preventing agents.
- Working with dentists and dental assistant.
- Maintaining a dental hygiene program for patients.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- Current State hygiene license
- Up-to-date vaccinations
- Previous experience as a dental hygienist
- Able to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Knowledgeable about oral hygiene and dental health.