Senior Accountant, Special Projects - Remote
- Expired: May 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Looking to build upon your track record as a rising accountant in a rapidly growing segment of the financial services industry? You will work tightly with the Driven Insights finance and accounting teams, where you'll gain very meaningful experience with rapidly growing clients. You will learn our proprietary best practices and use cutting-edge technology. You'll be part of a collaborative, fast-paced work environment, where hitting deadlines is a way of life and details matter. The opening is immediate.
Location: Work from Home
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous PTO Policy
- Permanent Work from Home
- Amazing culture & team
- Growth opportunities abound – multiple tracks to choose from
- Company 401k Contribution
- Loads of Tech Gear, including Meta Quest 2 Virtual Reality headset for team events/games, 3 monitors, laptop, etc.
- Annual In-Person Get Together (Post Covid)
- Serve as a key member of the new client onboarding team
- Take a central role in welcoming new clients to Driven Insights and overhauling their accounting function to encompass Driven Insights’ best practices
- Observe, manage, and refine revenue cycle (order to cash) processes
- Observe, manage, and refine expense management processes
- Observe, manage, and refine payroll processes
- Manage & leverage accounting technology, such as QuickBooks, BILL, Avalara, Divvy and business intelligence/subscription billing tools such as Maxio
- Research & implement new technologies
- Assist in financial close, KPI (key performance indicators) measurement & management/board reporting
- Establish clear procedures & smoothly hand off new client to the ongoing accounting team
- Participate in various projects and support ongoing Driven Insights clients
- Oversee compliance with GAAP and relevant regulatory requirements
- Own and evolve internal client accounting processes to promote efficiency and ensure data accuracy
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience successfully revamping accounting processes and technology
- Ability to streamline highly complex processes into standard, efficient processes
- Strong QuickBooks Online experience required. Xero, Intacct & NetSuite are a plus
- Robust track record of identifying, measuring, and leveraging finance & accounting KPIs to inform management decision-making.
- Exceptionally strong Google Sheet / Microsoft Excel GAAP-compliant financial modeling skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making & project management skills
- Willing to work at a high level of intensity and fast pace to support the needs of rapidly growing businesses
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at one time while maintaining incredible attention to detail
- Maintain a positive, solutions-focused attitude
- High ability to self-start and operate independently with clear direction
- Ability to use good judgement and protect confidentiality
- Deliver consistent, excellent customer service to internal/external stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience as lead, full-charge accountant in rapidly growing firm(s)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Master’s in Accounting and/or CPA license preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Senior Accountant
- 2+ years of audit work as an auditor in CPA firm
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Environment:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Must be able to lift laptop and reams of paper
- Infrequent travel to Driven Insights headquarters in MA for professional development activities, once it is safe to do so
Powered by JazzHR
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Driven Insights
Get fresh Remote Senior Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.