Big Data Engineer - Virtual/Remote
Driven Data Des Moines, IA
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you have ever wanted to be a part of a GREENFIELD development project - this is it!
You will have practical, hands-on experience working with modern data architectures and tools such as data warehousing, ETL/ELT, analytics, and the Azure cloud platform. You should be driven to provide quality solutions to challenging problems, working closely with client stakeholders, a highly skilled team of engineers, architects and thought leaders to design, build and implement next generation in automotive solutions in advanced analytics, Big Data, BI and the cloud.
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Short/Long term disability leave, Life Insurance, Health Spending Account (HSA), Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Virtual Office Phone provided
- Build enterprise-grade data solutions using Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks Technologies & Azure Synapse Analytics
- Implement data storage solutions.
- Design , Manage and Develop data processing.
- Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
- Design database applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Document and communicate database schemas, using accepted notations.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desired database performance.
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Able to work, focus, and be productive in a virtual, remote environment.
- Solid communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience working with data and data analytics development within the Microsoft data platform.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL processes
- SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Synapse Analytics (Formerly SQL Data Warehouse)
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Databricks
- Proven ability to prioritize, self-direct and execute at velocity.
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear technical execution.
- Desire to learn new skills and grow competencies.
- PowerShell scripting
- Azure Automation
- Power BI
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Must be able to work, focus, and be productive remotely and work Eastern Time zone hours
Able to work, focus, and be productive in a virtual, remote environment.
5+ years of experience working with data and data analytics development within the Microsoft data platform.
Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL processes
•Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related IT field
Knowledge in: SQL Server
Knowledge in: Azure Data Factory
Knowledge in: Azure Databricks
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
AddressDes Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Driven Data