A District Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day field merchandising operations within a specific geographical District. The District Manager is to follow Quality Assurance operating procedures and to monitor the activities of their assigned part-time field personnel, called Project Merchandisers, and to insure timely and reliable store level results from their Project Merchandisers. The District Manager is also to conduct weekly in-store field level working sessions with their Project Merchandisers. In addition, District Managers will be required to recruit, hire, and train Project Managers on an ongoing basis.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Maintain a basic knowledge of all active clients within the district
· Oversee work quality to ensure work performed meets the standards of Driveline Retail Merchandising and its clients
· Maintain an average of 97% on-time completions for all client work
· Achieve 100% store completions for project work within 48 business hours of end date
· Maintain Project Merchandiser pay rates consistent with the district’s average
· Manage district costs including drive time, mileage, overtime and additional time to meet and/or exceed the corporate budget guidelines
· Build and maintain relationships with Driveline Retail Merchandising clients and store management (including Regional Management)
· Timely resolution of client issues by responding to internal or external clients within 24 hours, with action resolution in 48 hours
· Recruit, train and re-train part-time Project Merchandisers on an ongoing basis
· Ensure that all part-time merchandisers are e-Trained & e-Certified for key clients
· Meet with and conduct one-on-one training sessions with all new Project Merchandisers within one week of hire date
· Monitor and reinforce DOW (Day Of Week) guidelines with all Project Merchandisers
· Work directly with each Project Merchandiser every 4-6 months
· Verbally communicate with Project Merchandisers on an ongoing basis, using email as written follow-up
· Complete store level Project Merchandiser responsibilities on a consistent basis to maintain appropriate merchandising knowledge
· Adhere to Code of Business Conduct guidelines
· Oversee a safe work environment for all part-time employees
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Strong communication and customer relations skills
· Strong organizational skill including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
· Ability to stand and move about for 8 hrs at a time
· Ability to lift 30 lbs or more routinely
· To develop and maintain a working knowledge and intermediate skill level of Driveline Retail Merchandising WEB based reporting and of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, or related field, preferred or equivalent supervisory/management experience.
· 5+ years retail merchandising or consumer products management background.
Approximately 65% travel is required for District Managers. Overnight stays may be required throughout the work week as dictated by business objectives and district boundaries.