The Heavy Project Merchandiser is dedicated to assisting our Project Managers in ensuring that our client’s expectations are met in a professional and cost-effective manner. The position is responsible for personally performing and/or working with a team to complete all aspects of each project.
· Perform in store resets of product in conjunction with written and verbal instruction provided by the Project or District Manager.
· Complete work orders and upload photos of all reset bays for every store visited.
· Upon request, call in to the office or supervisor upon arriving at each store.
· Ensure all resets are accurately completed on a daily basis.
· Ensure work orders and photos are uploaded to the website at the time of reset.
· Complete a sign-off form at conclusion of a reset with a member of store management and fax the sign-off form immediately after reset and before departure from store.
· Report accurate daily payroll hours to the Project or District Manager or call in hours if you do not have access to a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
· Must possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license
· Must have a dependable vehicle
· Must be able to provide proof of vehicle insurance
· Positive, self-starter attitude
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and customer service/sales orientation
· Ability to build immediate credibility relative to customer relations
· Ability to quickly understand concepts and apply those concepts to marketing plans provided for by our internal and external clients
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to accurately read a tape measure
· Ability to use a basic four-function calculator
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Plan-o-Grams and written instructions
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from direct reporting Project Specialists and Store Associates
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Be comfortable using word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, email, and database software
· Professional appearance and presentation, as well as good personal grooming
Language Ability Requirements
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Math Ability Requirements
Basic math skills for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios and apply these concepts to practical situations.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Previous reset experience
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a typical warehouse environment and the noise level in the environment may be loud.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and be on your feet for long periods of time.
· Must be able to stand and sit, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· Must be able to talk and hear.
· The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include near-sighted vision.
Approximately 85% travel is required for Heavy Project Merchandisers. Overnight stays may be required throughout the work week as dictated by business objectives and district boundaries.