The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for ensuring client needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner by working with the Project Manager. The Assistant project Manager will be responsible for developing and assisting the Deployment team with new processes that improve accountability, visibility, and efficiency. They will also be responsible for personally conducting resets and computer work, as well as managing hourly labor when assigned to do so. The Assistant Project Manager is also responsible for scheduling reset assignments within their assigned districts, reporting the completion of assignments, and ensuring resets are done accurately, completely, and on time.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Coordinate all field activities within assigned regions with the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations
· Assist the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations in establishing reset schedules and making necessary changes
· Build, maintain, and promote strong working relationships with the management team, as well as clients
· Manage time worked for hourly employees and temporary laborers and record all hours worked in the online time-keeping utility
· Speak with all direct reports before 10AM each workday and at the end of each reset
· Ensure all resets are accurately completed on a daily basis by ensuring all direct report’s work orders and photos are uploaded to the website at the completion of a reset, the sign-off form is complete with a member of store management’s signature, and the form is uploaded to the website immediately after the reset before departure from the store
· Complete weekly reset status reports, which will be sent to the Project Manager no later than every Friday at 6PM, which includes reset status, comments, proposed reschedule dates if applicable, and any reasons why the reset was not completed
· Depending on need, the position may require your assistance in another territory
· Any behaviors that appear to warrant disciplinary action must be brought to the attention of the Project Manager and/or Vice President of Operations, who will work with Human Resources to determine the best course of action
· Must have access to reliable transportation
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of insurance
· Must meet the minimum qualifications to be able to rent a vehicle
· Ability to build credibility relative to customer relations quickly and professionally
· Ability to quickly understand concepts and apply them to marketing plans provided by internal and external clients
· Positive, self-starter attitude
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and customer service/sales oriented
· Robust organizational skills
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Capable of reading, analyzing, and interpreting plan-o-grams and written instructions
· Professional appearance, presentation, and grooming
· Previous managerial experience
· Previous reset experience
· High school diploma or GED
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, or be on your feet for long periods of time. The employee must be able to stand for eight (8) hours. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals the ability to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment, which is a standard office setting, as well as in-store retail and warehouse locations, can vary from moderate to a store under construction (loud).
Ability to effectively present and communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other assorted personnel. Must have the ability to interpret both written and verbal instructions and share those instructions with team members.
Math Ability Requirements
Basic math skills for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios and apply these concepts to practical situations. Ability to use a basic, four-function calculator and read a tape measure required.
Reasoning Ability Requirements
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skill Requirements
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel. Must be Internet and e-mail savvy.
Certificates and License Requirements
There are no certificate or license requirements for the Assistant Project Manager – Deployment position.
There are some supervisory responsibilities for the Assistant Project Manager – Deployment, as detailed above.
Approximately 85% travel is required for this position. Overnight stays may be required throughout the work week as dictated by business objectives and district boundaries.