Assistant Project Manager - Retail Merchandising
Driveline Retail Merchandising Scranton, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Project Manager position is a training position to gain the knowledge, skill, ability, and interest of becoming a Driveline Project Manager. This position provides the training and practical experience, over a period of up to six months, that is necessary before moving into the Project Manager role.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for conducting and assisting the Project Manager with leading large-scale resets and projects, store merchandising and arrangement services, and new store sets. This position will also be responsible for assisting with managing and leading hourly labor when assigned to do so. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for reporting the completion of assignments, and ensuring resets are done accurately, completely, and on time.
- Coordinate assigned field activities with the Project Manager and/or Field Operations Manager
- Track time worked for hourly employees and temporary laborers and record all hours worked directly into the Driveline online reporting system
- Speak with all hourly employees and temporary laborers at the beginning and end of each workday
- Assist the Project Manager with ensuring all store activities are accurately completed, work orders are submitted, and timesheets with photos are properly uploaded to the Driveline online reporting system at the end of each day’s activities
- Work directly with the Project Manager, Field Operations Manager, or Field Operations Trainer to learn the standard operating procedures for successfully managing both small and large project teams
- Maintain a clear line of communication with the assigned Project Manager and Field Operations Manager
- Build, maintain, and promote strong working relationships with Driveline management, hourly personnel, and Driveline Clients
- Keep a positive and professional attitude at all times when communicating with internal and external clients, employees, and store personnel
- Complete other Deployment or Merchandising work, over and beyond exact assigned accounts, during weeks without specific assigned Deployment responsibilities
- Submit weekly work detail recaps to the Field Operations Manager and Vice President of Operations
- Report any behaviors that appear to warrant disciplinary action to the attention of the Project Manager and/or Field Operations Manager, who will work with Human Resources to determine the best course of action
- Regularly refer to and utilize the online Forms Depot for key policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have valid, personal automobile insurance
- Must meet the minimum qualifications to be able to rent a vehicle
- Ability to build credibility relative to customer relations quickly and professionally
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and apply them to marketing plans provided by internal and external clients
- Positive, self-starter attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service/sales-oriented skills
- Robust organizational skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Capable of reading, analyzing, and interpreting planograms and written instructions
- Professional appearance, presentation, and grooming
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, or be on your feet for long periods of time. The employee must be able to stand for eight (8) hours. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Approximately 80% travel is required for Assistant Project Manager. Overnight stays may be required throughout the work week as dictated by business objectives and assigned projects. Hotel accommodations will be booked through the Travel Department and will be double occupancy rooms.
· Driveline is the largest non-broker merchandising services agency in the country
· Our clients include major national retailers and manufacturers
· Our industry-leading software makes your job easier and makes it easier than ever to manage your own schedule and report hours
· We offer full W-2 employment, meaning no surprise tax bills from 1099 forms
· We offer competitive wages and opportunities for advancement
Driveline Retail MerchandisingWhy Work Here?
Exciting opportunity to travel and work at locations throughout the United States. Internal Project Management development path.
Driveline is currently seeking motivated and career-minded candidates to join its national network of retail merchandisers. We owe our continued success to the hard working, intelligent and innovative people who implement our retail programs every day. If you're interested in joining the team and helping our clients drive sales, then we'd love to hear from you. About Driveline: · Driveline is the largest non-broker merchandising services agency in the country · Our clients include major national retailers and manufacturers · Our industry-leading software makes your job easier and makes it easier than ever to manage your own schedule and report hours · We offer full W-2 employment, meaning no surprise tax bills from 1099 forms · We offer competitive wages and opportunities for advancement
TechnologyView all jobs at Driveline Retail Merchandising