The Traveling Heavy Project Mechandiser is dedicated to setting up new stores from the ground up and remodeling existing stores to fit client needs. The Heavy Project Merchandiser will assist Project Managers in ensuring that our client’s expectations are met in a professional and cost-effective manner. The position is responsible for personally performing and/or working with a team to complete all aspects of each project. This includes unloading trucks, assembling fixtures, stocking shelves, and more. The Heavy Project Merchandiser will be required to work all assigned projects during a trip, which may include overnight hours and/or out of state visits.
- Utilize plan materials and direction from Project Managers to create positive in-store experiences
- Execute tasks to set up new stores or remodel existing ones
- Handle all merchandising tasks related to such plans, such as: fixture installation, displays, signage, gondola placement, stocking, and other related tasks
- Exceed client expectations and deliver within the stated timeframe
- Participate in on-the-job training and travel with a team on an ongoing basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a valid, government issued ID
- Preferably has personal transportation, but not required to have it. Must have reliable transportation throughout a multistate region (carpooling is acceptable).
- Have a working phone to be contacted at regularly
- Positive, self-starter attitude
- Must be willing to travel frequently depending on business needs
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous reset and/or merchandising experience preferred, but not required
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and be on your feet for long periods of time (up to 12 hours)
- Must be able to stand and sit, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Must be able to talk and hear
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds
Approximately 85% travel is required. Overnight stays may be required throughout the work week as dictated by business objectives and district boundaries.
Driveline Retail Merchandising, Inc.
Why Work Here?Consumers today have more choices than ever before. Their interaction with products at the retail level is often the difference between a sale and a missed opportunity. Driveline, the nation's premier merchandising services agency, drives retail sales by providing the most comprehensive merchandising services in the industry delivered by our 15,000 field team members supported by the latest merchandising technology. Driveline offers fully integrated, cost-effective merchandising solutions, including new-store set-up, remodels, store conversions, employee and customer education, new product introduction, store mapping and analysis, product fulfillment - just to name a few! Learn more about Driveline at www.drivelineretail.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a national leader in the Retail Services industry as we expand our Regional Execution Team.