We’re Cann, cannabis in a can. We're on a mission to change the way people socialize by offering a better alternative to alcohol.
Our cannabis-infused social tonics have the potency of a light beer, one-third of the calories of alcohol (with no hangover the next day), and they are actually delicious. Each Cann contains the highest quality ingredients, and a microdose of cannabis for an approachable experience that you can control. With only 30-35 calories per can and five simple ingredients, Cann is the perfect substitute for a glass of wine or can of beer for any social occasion, or while unwinding at home.
Cann was launched in June 2019 by Jake (GSB ‘18) and Luke (HBS ‘16), and has quickly grown into the #1 low-dose beverage in California. Cann is backed by top consumer venture funds - Imaginary Ventures and Global Founders Capital - as well as leading cannabis investors - JM10, Navy Capital, and Entourage Effect Capital.
As an Operations Associate, you’ll wear a million hats as you will have a pulse on every part of our business. From helping acquire essential data required to run long-term planning models, to finding and vetting raw materials vendors to ensure product quality and meet cost targets, to overseeing production and logistics operations in the field you will impact both the quality of every Cann we produce as well as the margins we earn on those Canns. Your training will be hands-on as you learn both the nuance of the Cannabis industry and become an expert in how to make the best tasting Cannabis Beverages on the market. You’ll be asked to learn a lot quickly, and you’ll be given responsibility early, coupled with the support required to have an impact on the organization and to begin to grow into a leader in our business.
- Perform operations, run equipment, and be accountable for producing or supervising the production of finished goods that meet all health and safety and product quality specifications
- Manage production assistants, temporary labor, and 3rd party contractors and vendor ensuring operational reporting through the value chain, and compliance with all production SOPs and product quality standards
- Prepare QA/QC reports on live production runs and maintain running raw & finished
goods inventories on a daily basis
- Support, coordinate, and if needed, personally fulfill the Cann team’s logistics, delivery,
or pickup of equipment, materials, and/or product
- Assist in the process of finding, vetting, and ultimately purchasing raw goods from various suppliers to produce Cann and protect Cann margins
- Manage and communicate with existing third party vendors on a regular basis to ensure recurring material orders are placed and are being filled on planned timelines
- Independently research and report on hurdles to Cann operations or Cann growth and
present conclusions and pitch solutions to leadership
- Monitor and report on COGS and margin profile for Cann, building necessary financial
models and projections that reflect miscellaneous expenditures and wasted materials as
well as MFR costs and standard COGS inputs
- 1-3 years of work experience in operations or a consulting / strategic role with operational exposure
- Intellectual curiosity and determination to solve difficult problems
- Evidence of leadership and collaborative teamwork skills
- Proficient in modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English