Drifter Entertainment is a Seattle Based game studio helmed by some of gaming’s most experienced creators. As a senior VFX artist at drifter, you’ll be working with a small, capable game development team delivering cutting edge visual effects to an exciting, unannounced title. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry's fiercest contributors, in a nimble, quality driven environment, our door is open. Come on in.
- Work with the Art Director and the immediate creative team to craft industry leading FX content.
- Create, from Vision to EXECUTION, REALTIME VFX content for Environments, Characters and weapons.
- Manage optimization of VFX in a technically constrained environment at a high level of quality
- Be Point of contact and manager for any external FX resources
- Mentor junior FX Artists
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating strong, realtime FX competency
- Good communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Able to work independently and self-manage VFX development
- 5+ years of experience creating industry leading, realtime FX for AAA games
- Capable of working in various styles across various platforms
- Strong proficiency in UE4, Cascade and the Material editor
- must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Nice to haves
- Experience with external particle systems and editors (Ie: Houdini) a plus
- Blueprint experience in UE4 a plus
- Understanding of UE4’s lighting system a plus