Responsible for the dispatching of emergency units including but not limited to fire, ambulance units in a multi-jurisdictional communications center. Responsible for tracking and documenting unit and personnel activities based on telephone and radio operations within the multi-jurisdictional communications center. Responsible for providing pre-arrival medical direction to callers requesting emergency response. Performs such duties as are required by the Telecommunicator (Dispatcher) Supervisor or Manager. Position is 8 hours shifts and may work 2-3 shifts per week, depending on employee availability.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Requirements
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Requires typing speed of 35 words per minute.
3. Requires certification in CPR (nationally recognized program) (Will train and certify)
4. No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories within the past ten (10) years.
5. Must be at least 21 years old.
To apply, pick up an application packet at Drexel Heights Fire District Administration at 5030 S. Camino Verde, Tucson, AZ 85735.