- Posted: over a month ago
Verifies quantity, accuracy, labeling and addressing of products and items of merchandise ready for shipment and prepares items for shipment. Assists with unloading trucks and staging for incoming shipments and performs any other reasonable tasks as requested to ensure the efficient operation of the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compares identifying information and counts items in outgoing shipments to verify information against pick tickets, bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Assembles cardboard shipping cartons.
• Securely packs items in appropriate shipping cartons and inserts packing list along with any other items to be included with the shipment such as catalogs, fliers or coupons before sealing the carton.
• Follows instructions on pick tickets or other instructions given, to determine method of shipment and prepares necessary documentation and labels utilizing computer software as appropriate.
• Completes export documents for shipments to foreign countries.
• Affixes shipping labels and any other required identifying shipping information onto packed cartons.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure they meet specifications.
• Stacks and wraps larger shipments not going by small package carriers and verifies with director of distribution that pickup needs to be scheduled.
• Sorts cartons ready for shipment by carrier and uses carts or hand truck to move shipments from shipping station to dock area.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Keeps work area clean and in order.
• Performs order fulfillment (picking) duties when needed.
• Follow FTZ procedures- wear security badges, keep doors closed and locked, etc.
• Reports to the director of distribution
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Attendance - Refers to the consistency that an employee shows in turning up for work and completing their normal work hours.
• Communication - Communication refers to the ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarify and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
• Cooperation - Refers to the ability to establish and maintain effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works cooperatively in group situations. Works actively to resolve conflicts.
• Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
• Work Quality - Refers to the effort that consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Individuals should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office products
Other company or customer specific software as required
While performing the duties of this job, the individual needs to constantly move about inside the warehouse to load, unload, stock and move materials throughout the warehouse. The individual needs to ascend/ descend a ladder to stock shelves and acquire product to fill orders. The individual frequently positions self to gather product from shelves that are positioned near ground level and overhead. They occasionally operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. Must be able to stand or walk 90% of the time. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and employees while interacting.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold conditions in the winter and hot temperatures in the summer. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Powered by JazzHR
Drew Shoe Corporation
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?