Local Financial Planning office is seeking a candidate with at least 3-5 years of experience working in the financial industry. The Client Service Representative provides administrative support to the Advisors at the firm, as well as servicing our clients.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to regular contact with clients, data gathering, set-up and maintenance of investment accounts, preparation of client reports, business development through client referrals, scheduling meetings and troubleshooting problems.
We are a rapidly growing organization that is continually looking for skilled people with experience in the financial industry. We realize that it may be difficult to find someone who is highly skilled in all of these areas. For this reason, we may tailor the position to the candidate we choose. Other industry experience and strengths will be considered in determining which skills will best meet our team’s needs.
· Communicate with clients verbally and in writing
· Deliver superior client service, troubleshoot problems, schedule meetings
· Meet with clients and prepare paperwork as directed by the agent
· Complete and double check all paperwork for items that need to be added, signatures, initials, dates, etc.
· Submit applications to carrier with client’s check, rollover paperwork, or transfer paperwork and most recent statements
· Follow up on all pending transfers by checking carrier website or contacting the companies directly
· Frequently communicate with clients regarding the activity of their accounts that are getting established
· Serve as a liaison between Advisors and clients as needed
· Manage client information – prepare client reports, submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, maintain client files and activity reports in database
· Promote referrals among our existing clients/Plan and attend referral events
· Work closely with other financial intermediaries, such as brokerage firms, investment companies, accountants, attorneys etc.
· Track and report on metrics
Qualifications & Skills
· Proficient in computer skills-Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
· At least 3-5 years of experience working with clients in a financial firm
· Past experience as a brokerage Sales Assistant is a plus
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Collaborative team player, able to work with and through others
· Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with existing and potential clients
· Ability to market to potential clients
· Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
· Ambitious with a sense of urgency and initiative; proactive vs. reactive
Compensation is based on salary and bonus.