- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Materials Buyer/Planner demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for the Supply Chain across all levels of the organization. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. The role is responsible for performing capacity planning and organizing the shop floor manufacturing schedule by analyzing multiple customer requirements. Implementing production schedules to support delivery dates, meet customer requirements and maintain appropriate inventory levels is a key component of this role.
- Manage master planning, material processes and systems, while optimizing inventory and process improvements.
- Prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs
- Purchasing for outside processing requirements – parts required to be sent out for additional applications
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPI’s
- Optimize inventory and process improvements
- Execute routine analysis using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in the team under supervision
- Lead Supply Chain long-term planning of production requirements by analyzing the customer requirements to determine proper execution maximizing capacity and resources
- Support the Sales function and work cross-functionally to determine the critical path, available capacity and lead-times for orders and quotes
- Interface with Sales and Manufacturing cells to track production progress
- Gather production metrics and periodically report these metrics to the materials manager
- Report and monitor plant production load and capacity by developing/maintaining scorecards
- Make use of business forecast with easy to access and transparent date and translate into forecast information for sourcing and manufacturing medium/long-term planning
- Lead scheduling discussions
- Identify constraints/bottlenecks and coordinate with sourcing and plant manager/materials manager to develop fulfillment plan
- Effectively use and share materials management and lean manufacturing best practices to facilitate acceleration of improvement actions
- Understand purchasing function to be cross trained on the buyer position’s responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma or GED with a minimum 7 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum 3 years of supply chain, operations, purchasing/buying, projects, planning, scheduling, computing and/or engineering experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
Dresser Pipeline Solutions
Get fresh Material Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.