Are you interested in launching new and innovative products to the market? Changing the food and beverage industry? At DreamPak, we aspire to bring liquid food and beverage innovations to the market and make consumers lives more efficient, simple and enjoyable. We have stayed true to the idea that liquid concentrates represent the future of the beverage and dietary supplement world. This singular focus has allowed us to expand from a single product contract manufacturing shop into a technology and innovation driven, vertically-integrated company serving a wide range of markets and categories.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Production department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in supervising employees and being hands on, DreamPak is the place for you!
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures the production of Company products at the highest quality and the lowest possible cost, meeting Company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Responsible for satisfying customers by meeting specifications and delivery requirements while pursuing continual improvement and achievement of established Company goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with a working knowledge of food safety, preferably in a food-related manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Promote a safety awareness and commitment at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of information received, created, or processed.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the production areas, to ensure products are produced within DreamPak’s quality specifications, on-time, and within expected productivity and cost.
- Monitor daily production schedule, take corrective action as needed, to ensure schedule is completed as planned.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods; recommend ways to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Plan and direct sanitation activities and establish sanitation priorities for cleaning products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinate sanitation activities with maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum sanitation and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Implement cleaning methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality and cleaning effectiveness
- Revise sanitation schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Work with Production Manager to establish department goals and action plans to achieve goals.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities; lead the efforts required to achieve the identified improvement opportunities.
- Lead the Department’s commitment to safety.
- Conduct accident investigations
- Identify and complete corrective action
- Identify areas where potential near-miss situations exist.
- Monitor production area housekeeping standards; ensures Company’s expectations and requirements are met; takes corrective action if needed.
- Review and identify cross training needs, to improve workforce flexibility.
- Develop and carry out plan to increase cross training of department employees.
- Ensure that Production-related documentation is completed; properly, accurately, and timely.
- Participate in interviews for potential new Production employees; offer opinion (to supervisor) on suitability of candidates or make hiring decision (on own).
- Conduct and document employee disciplinary action. Recommend (to Production Manager) employee terminations; obtain input from HR prior to proceeding.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Assist the Production Manager in developing and achieving Production Department budget and Capital Expense Plan.
- Acts as a back up to the Logistics and Sanitation Supervisor during absences to ensure the integrity of the SQF system.
- Responsible for adhering food safety, cGMPs, employee safety, quality standards, sanitary practices and customer specifications.
- Report any food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Technical Skills
- Managing People
- Problem Solving
Apply for this Job