Director of Nightlife & Programming
Dream Hotel Nashville Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dream Nashville is looking for a highly motivated Director of Nightlife and Programming to lead a team of expertly trained professionals that execute innovative and experiential programming while driving a healthy bottom line. The Director of Nightlife and Programing is expected to plan and manage the nightlight venues and related F&B operations to achieve customer (guests, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Position is responsible for short and long-term planning and day-to-day operations of the nightlife venues and related areas.
Duties & Functions
- Directs and assists in the development of competitive promotional plans in order to increase business levels and sales. Solid financial skills and the ability to analyze financial statements and modify operations to meet financial goals. Ability to drive strong P&L performance.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of sales and promotion requirements. Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy. Reviews competitive set maintain an awareness of market position.
- Ensure that all operational systems and procedures are effective, efficient, and in place for the operation of the venues. Oversees and directs the seamless running of day-to-day operations. Manages/develops all areas of managerial and professional aspects. Ensures that systems and procedures are consistently applied throughout the venues by the management team.
- In cooperation with the hotel management, develops and implements strategy for operational management and development, meeting agreed on organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timeframes
- Manages and controls department expenditure, staying within agreed budgets and being cognizant of P/L for venue. Monitors month-end reports and provide feedback to Executive Committee and ownership. Work closely with GM and DHG Corporate on all aspects of the nightlife operation including programming, bookings, managing promoters, and marketing, hiring personnel while ALWAYS considering ways to increase financial performance.
- Direct and administer operations to include, but not limited to daily operations, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, merchandising and marketing, systems use management, budgeting and forecasting, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Manages the standard procedures for cash transactions and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Implement emergency organization procedures and training through the management of the security staff to ensure appropriate protection for guests, staff and company assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Manage the human resources functions in the division in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; interview, hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Solid understanding of the nightclub business and Nashville music scene.
- Demonstrated experience in the process of creating and implementing new concepts in a hotel or hospitality establishment
- Must be able to sustain composure, remain calm and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be energetic, outgoing and have unimpeachable character
- Must be service oriented with excellent customer service skills with obsession to detail .
- Must be a team player with the ability to lead and motivate staff. With a Lead from the front mind set
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- MUST be able to work late nights, 4am or later. Able to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels
- Must have the ability to input data and access information on the computer.
- Must be a creative thinker, specialized operator with the ability to implement action plans that grow business
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous experience with a hotel management system; OPERA preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent speech communication skills are required to communicate both in person and via telephone with guests, associates and corporate contacts in a professional and extensive manner.
- Excellent literacy is required. Must be able to both assimilate and generate explicit and concise documents for publication within our corporate environment.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Bending/kneeling -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Mobility -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Continuous standing -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Driving required as necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dream Hotel NashvilleWhy Work Here?
Super fun and passionate team, lots of room for growth in busy downtown location
210 4th Ave NNashville, TN