Dream Hollywood Hotel Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: March 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Overnight Engineer performs all general kitchen facility maintenance. Insures the hotels internal and external structure and equipment are continuously maintained and operating under minimal supervision. Responds to maintenance service requests and repairs as directed. Cleans and inspect all common areas and building systems and report deficiencies to supervisors while also adhere to the company’s safety programs. Prioritizes guest requests, while also insuring the safety of employees and guests. Carries a portable radio, staying in constant communication with the central base station and respond to all engineering service calls. This position works overnight shifts.
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs and all hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Monitor and maintain all engineering functions when full engineering staff is not available (i.e. weekends and evenings). Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas.
- Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings and maintain log to notify the next shift. Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Maintain proper records of the Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program and Request Program.
- Complete work order request forms on a daily and timely basis.
- Report any unsafe conditions to leadership.
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pain of others.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work. - - May require ability to drive pick-up truck and snow removal equipment. Excellent hearing required to hear portable radio, fire alarms, machinery, guests. Excellent vision required to inspect, maintain equipment. Excellent speech communication skills required to respond on portable radio to base station, guests. Moderate comprehension and literacy required to maintain logs and records. Requires a professional presentation and an ability to work in a team atmosphere and to make independent decisions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying required frequently to respond to requests for service and repairs anywhere in hotel or in parking lot. -
- Frequent bending and kneeling required to perform inspections and repairs. 100% mobility required -must respond quickly to emergency. - - Potential continuous standing may be required. Climbing stairs of approximately 90 steps 20% of 8 hours. Climbing ladders of approximately 8 feet 10% of 8 hours. Driving -sometimes necessary to drive company pick-up truck/snow plow approximately 10% of time, unless snow emergency, then 100% of time.
High school diploma or equivalent trade school, special courses in building maintenance and construction.
A minimum of 6 months successful experience in equal or similar position.
Basis hand (hammer, screwdriver, pliers) and power (electric drill, saw, solder, etc.) tools. Painting equipment, key cutting machine, grounds keeping equipment and snow removal equipment. Exposure to hazardous materials on a daily basis.
Chemicals/Agents used: Come into contact with various chemicals 2-3 times per week. (Regular chemicals: solvents, adhesives, paints). Protective clothing worn 100% of day; protective gloves worn approximately. Lifts and scaffolds.
Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance of hot and cold temperatures. Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature. Prolonged standing, walking, bending, reaching, and heavy lifting.
Dream Hollywood Hotel
AddressLos Angeles, CA
EngineeringView all jobs at Dream Hollywood Hotel