- $25 to $35 Hourly
- Maintenance Manager
- Support Services Director
Primary Purpose of this Position:
To maintain or repair DWS fabrication equipment, material handling equipment, buildings, facilities, and processes. Work on “projects” that improve the DWS processes. Make building and facility repairs.
Essential Job Functions:
- PM machines based on PM procedures to help ensure machines run properly and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues on equipment that is down.
- Contact vendors for supplies and recommendations.
- Input information into the MegaMation tracking system.
- Strategically visualize and communicate project plans and supplies needed.
- Identify steel shapes, sizes, and mill tolerances for projects.
- Operate overhead cranes, forklifts, jib cranes, gantry cranes, conveyors, machines, and transfers in order to PM or repair them.
- Any other duties assigned by management (example- plow snow, sand lot, and grounds maintenance.
- Attend all meetings as required by management.
- Consistently and reliably works scheduled hours at assigned locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and perform higher arithmetic computations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Ability to understand and carry out semi-complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Ability to work under periodic supervision focused on the progress of work and setting priorities for job completion.
- Skill in using tape measure, or other measuring devices.
- Ability to pass a Drake-Williams Steel, Inc. administered test that covers shop drawing interpretation, fractional number calculations, basic geometry, etc.
- Ability to interpret shop drawings for projects.
- Ability to possess pride in own workmanship, demonstrate attention to detail, and work safely.
- Ability to operate forklifts and overhead cranes in a safe and proper manner. Use and understand industry and Drake-Williams Steel adopted hand signals used for crane operations.
- Perform minor/major mechanical tasks on machines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Stand OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY over the course of the 8 to 12 hour work shift depending on needs.
- Walk OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY over the course of the 8 to 12 hour work shift.
- Sit OCCASIONALLY during break, lunch periods, and to input data.
- Lift weights up to 25 pounds FREQUENTLY from floor to waist, which includes the various tools, chains, valves, and various components during the 8 to 12 hour work shift.
- Lift weights up to 100 pounds OCCASIONALLY from floor to waist, which includes the various motors and components during installation or removal during the 8 to 12 hour work shift.
- Carry 100 pound weight noted above distances up to 10 feet. Lighter weights may be carried up to several hundred feet depending on job location.
- Climb OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY up and down steps, ladders, onto material, or onto conveyors depending on job location.
- Balance OCCASIONALLY while working on machinery and climbing into and out of the manlift.
- Bend OCCASIONALLY depending on task location while removing tools, components, etc.
- Stoop or crouch OCCASIONALLY while performing the regular job duties. The position will be held continuously for a few seconds to 15 minutes, depending upon the job.
- Kneel in the commission of job duties OCCASIONALLY, depending upon the job.
- Crawl OCCASIONALLY up to 15 feet to access tools, materials, etc.
- Reach forward FREQUENTLY to perform job duties or to retrieve tools. The employee will OCCASIONALLY be required to reach to full forward extension.
We’re 100% employee-owned, financially strong and growing! This position offers significant career growth opportunity.
Drake Williams Steel (DWS) has +140 years of uncompromising service to our internal and external customers. We are a manufacturer focused primarily on customers in the construction industries. Our firm furnishes fabricated structural steel, miscellaneous steel and rebar for all types of building projects. Our 285 people work from locations in Omaha, Denver and Council Bluffs, IA. We are dedicated to safety, continuous improvement and innovation. We are serious about sustaining the values that have guided us year by year. Visit our website to learn more about us and our work: www.dwsteel.com. 100% Employee Owned!
Drake-Williams SteelAurora, CO
WebsiteView All Drake-Williams Steel Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.