Retail Salesperson at Dragon Herbarium
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dragon Herbarium is looking for a Experienced Retail Sales person to join our 6 person strong team who shares our passion for exceptional retail service and wellness! This is a lead cashier position and can include weekday and occasional weekend hours. We are looking for someone organized & nimble who wants to stick around and help us grow. We assume you love interacting with people since this is a very tight interactive place with our customer base and staff. This role serves as a leader in customer service, helps train new staff, and supports store management.
Job Title: Retail Salesperson /Lead
Wage: Depends on Experience ($17.00-20.00/hr) + tips
Benefits Available: Health Insurance, 401k, Store Discount, Tips, Annual Bonuses, Paid Sick Leave
• Working knowledge with POS, inventory or other retail specific software
• 2 + years of cashiering or hospitality experience
• Basic math and computation skills required
• Must be 21+
• Friendly and customer service oriented, with a demonstrated knowledge of cash handling required
• Skills to organize and communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and one on one with coworkers, supervisors and customers
• Continuously required to be on feet with continuous standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent handwashing is required
• Assists with the coordination, execution and oversight of operations and work
• Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs and conditions of department
• Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment
• Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store
• Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and experience
• Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible work style
• Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change based on needs and conditions of department
• Works cooperatively and positively with fellow team members
• Conserves company resources
• Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies
• Observes all company rules and policies
• Oversees department in the absence of department management team
• Guides the work of department clerks, including daily planning and assigning of work, ensuring quality standards, training and coaching & delegating staff and overseeing their productivity
• Cashiers and bags customer purchases; performs carry-outs as needed
• Includes general upkeep, cleanliness and ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and informs management of any issues that arise.
• Ensures department follows cash handling and register operations and manages daily cash
• Processes returns per policy and assists cashiers with complex returns
• Ensures department complies with age restricted sales regulations
• Required frequently and up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift
• Contributes to a positive and supportive work environment
• Understands and follows through on verbal and written directions
• Works in a manner consistent with company Vision and Values.
• Adapts service based on customer needs, handles difficult customer situations and seeks solutions
• Demonstrates ability to adapt approach to different learning styles among staff
• Prepares daily bank deposits and cash/coin order with highest attention to accuracy. Responsible for bookkeeping functions, including till reconciliation and daily books at end of night
• Maintains adequate supply of cash to meet the needs of the Front End department
• Reports all safety, productivity, security or any other situation that may have an adverse effect on the store concerns and work related injuries to management
Available shifts and compensation: Available shifts on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Compensation depends on your experience.
About Dragon Herbarium: The Dragon Herbarium is the oldest herb shop in the Portland area. We offer over 400 different herbs and spices for your medicinal or culinary needs. We also have a large selection of Incenses along with rocks and minerals. Learn more about us at dragonherbarium.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
RetailView all jobs at Dragon Herbarium