Located in BEAUTIFUL Flagstaff, AZ with paid relocation!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a pioneer and leading supplier of medical product process and testing equipment. They offer an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individuals in a fast-paced, biotech organization. They put decades of engineering expertise to work, ensuring the best possible solution for their customers unique process. They have been instrumental in automating or semi-automating several manual processes within stent and catheter manufacturing organizations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The company has invested in a million-dollar machine shop to produce the best parts for their custom machines. They are looking for expert engineers to design, develop, and test all aspects of mechanical component, equipment, machinery and patented innovative technology with the best results at their Flagstaff, Arizona location. This position utilizes Solidworks® and PDMWorks® to create and store drawings electronically that can then be viewed, printed, or programmed directly into automated manufacturing systems.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
- May integrate components to produce the final design; and evaluate the design’s overall effectiveness, manufacturability, cost, reliability, and safety.
- Provide production supervision of parts and equipment, determine the causes of component failure, and test manufactured products to maintain quality.
- Position may be required to assist and communicate with customers the technical aspects of the product and assist in product planning, installation, and operation.
- Position is responsible for appropriately documenting design and processes related to the end product.
- Position will utilize Solidworks® and PDMWorks® to create and store drawings electronically that can then be viewed, printed, or programmed directly into automated manufacturing systems.
- Position will also prepare variations and changes to current design drawings
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
Education and Experience:
B.S.E and 10 + years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- 8+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience with Solidworks and PDMWorks (5,000 hours of exp)
- Ability to complete a project from design to finished project individually
- Experience designing automated equipment