- Posted: over a month ago
Why We Exist and What We Do (www.drsquatch.com):
At Dr. Squatch (www.drsquatch.com) we're raising the bar on men's personal care with our line of natural, high-performance products. We're on a high-growth, fast-moving ride, continually introducing new product categories, launching into retailers nationwide, and growing internationally. We recently earned a Great Place to Work® Certification™ and are looking for passionate, talented people who want to join us in our mission to inspire and educate men to be happier and healthier!
About the Role:
Dr. Squatch is looking for a talented Analytics Engineer to join our Data team. The Analytics Engineer will be responsible for ensuring high-quality, accurate data modeling (we use dbt) working with our data engineering team to ensure that our raw data is complete and accurate, and helping data analysts and others on the Data team transform raw data into clean, modeled data that is ready for analysis by end users.
This role will have a high level of autonomy and will play a key part in selecting and optimizing the tools we use and the way we transform data at Dr. Squatch.
Our Data team operates a modern data stack built on Snowflake (data warehouse), Fivetran (ETL), Perfect (orchestration), dbt (transformation/modeling), and Monte Carlo (data observability/data quality).
This role will report to the Associate Director, Analytics & Strategy. This full-time role with company benefits is based in Marina del Rey, California.
What You'll Do:
- Take ownership over our data architecture, managing, selecting, and improving the tools we use to store, load, transform, and visualize data
- Design, build and optimize data models in our data modeling layer (dbt), reducing runtime and decreasing unnecessary complexity
- Be a champion for efficient, effective data modeling, reviewing pull requests, suggesting improvements, and helping/coaching others on the team to write better code
- Implement testing, validation, and documentation to flag and resolve issues with poor-quality data
- Proactively seek out and explore new technologies to advance our data capabilities
- Partner with our data engineering team to improve the quality of data that we load to our warehouse via custom pipelines (e.g., data not loaded via Fivetran)
- 2+ years of experience in a data/analytics engineering role
- Expert SQL skills
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses
- Experience working with business intelligence solutions
- Proficiency with a scripting language like Python
- Experience owning / maintaining / improving ETL processes, either using tools like Fivetran or by building data pipelines / connecting to APIs directly
- Enthusiasm for writing clean code
- Experience using dbt (strongly preferred)
- Experience using Snowflake
- Experience in Looker
- Familiar with Git
- Experience in ecommerce/direct to consumer businesses
Who We Are:
Our core values come naturally and make us a better, more whole, and unique team. We are Scrappy - we get things done, we find a way, we act with urgency and we maintain a start-up mentality. We Play to Win - we have high standards, we encourage ownership of work, we are "hungry" and we invest in the outcome of our work. We have a Team First Mentality - we are humble, help others outside our own wheelhouse, stay positive and have fun.
We offer a competitive salary in a growth-focused & collaborative team environment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k with Squatch match, and PTO. We also have great perks like healthy snacks, frequent company events, and of course, free products!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Squatch:
We firmly believe that Team Squatch is a place for everyone and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer who is committed to inclusion and diversity. We do not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by federal or state law. We embrace differences and are building a company and culture that is represented by a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, life experiences, and skills.
For Applicants with Disabilities. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. If you need any accommodations during the hiring process, please let us know when you submit your application and we'll do our very best to adjust as needed.
For Information regarding Data Privacy, please review https://www.drsquatch.com/pages/privacy-policy.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?