The teachers of Dr. R.W. Goines Preparatory Academy will be exceptional educators who are dedicated to supplying students with educational activities and experiences that are in alignment with our purpose through a STEM based learning model. Teachers will play a key role in integrating biblical principles of the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum. Requires the ability to use creativity within the curriculum and apply the ability to effectively work with a diverse group of students. The right candidate will possess a positive attitude and collaborative working style while committing to set a high standard of excellence in Christian education.
We are seeking a Teacher (Math, Science, ELAR & Social Studies) to join our team! You will educate students in one or more subjects at the secondary level in public or private schools.
- Manage and educate students in a classroom setting
- Develop and implement engaging lesson plans
- Adhere to established teaching curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Document and share student grades and evaluations
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Previous experience in teaching or other educational fields
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
“The United States has developed as a global leader, in large part, through the genius and hard work of its scientists, engineers, and innovators. In a world that’s becoming increasingly complex, where success is driven not only by what you know, but by what you can do with what you know, it’s more important than ever for our youth to be equipped with the knowledge and skills to solve tough problems, gather and evaluate evidence, and make sense of information. These are the types of skills that students learn by studying science, technology, engineering, and math—subjects collectively known as STEM.” – U.S. Department of Education