The position of Medical Assistant is an assistant to the oral surgeon. The responsibilities of the position encompass all functions and steps necessary to carrying out a successful surgery from start to finish.
This company's standards of employee skill, competence, and teamwork are and shall remain among the highest in the field. Thus, an employee holding this Job Title must possess or apply the following:
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum Experience: None
- Required Skills: Social; work well with others; able to duplicate instructions; good communication skills; able to maintain a cheerful and uplifting attitude; active and able to stand on feet for long periods of time; able to lift 50 pounds
- Required Training: None
Essential functions of the above Position include the following:
- Interacting with patients
- Taking x-rays
- Opening up for/setting up for procedures
- Assisting the doctor in surgeries
- Going over post op and consent forms with patients
- Turning over procedure and exam rooms
- Patient follow-up calls
- Sending specimens to labs.
In addition to the technical knowledge, experience, and competence required of this Job Title, Company's employees must also possess problem-solving skills, intelligence, perseverance, orderliness, responsibility, drive toward and satisfaction at the attainment of goals, calmness and endurance under stressful conditions, consistency and predictability in the regular attendance to duty, individual initiative as well as participation in group efforts, correct estimation of specific circumstances, fairness, empathy, appreciation toward fellow workers, and effective communications skills.
In keeping with these job requirements, Company may choose to utilize application forms, interview procedures and/or pre-employment non-medical, non-psychological testing regimens that will assist the Company to determine whether applicants can meet the Company's performance standards. Applicants for the above Position may be required to undergo such screening procedures.