Coordinator of Patient Services
- $17 to $20 Hourly
- Medical , Retirement
COORDINATOR OF PATIENT SERVICES
Provide support for business-related functions of the Practice for the effective delivery of patient care.
The following list is not intended to be all-inclusive, but offer a guideline as to the major responsibilities related to the position.
- Oversee and manage changes to patient schedule, communicating/highlighting information to the Doctor and staff that may be noteworthy prior to patient arrival.
- Facilitate problem-solving using a collaborative approach with the entire team to ensure all aspects of patient care are delivered in an effective and timely manner.
- Contact and confirm patient appointments, ensuring necessary x-rays, referral information and relevant medical clearances are obtained.
- Respond to prospective and current patient inquiries.
- Schedule patient consults and surgeries, enter patient history, financial and demographic information into the EHR.
- Monitor patient intake information, ensuring appropriate financial/insurance information is captured before patient consult/surgery.
- Assist with obtaining insurance benefit information and filing insurance claims as needed.
- Assist with patient registration and/or check-out, verifying insurance information, calculating and collecting cash payments appropriately, scheduling follow-up appointments, and/or making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assist with processing business correspondence with referring physicians, vendors, and other constituents as needed.
- Assist with greeting patients and visitors, answering phones, scheduling patients, and other front desk operations as needed.
- Assist with maintaining common areas of the Practice (reception area, bathrooms, kitchen, etc).
- Take digital panoramic x-rays as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working in a Medical or Dental office setting strongly preferred.
- Conversant in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Proficient with OMSVision Software strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be organized, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to problem-solve and multitask independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work well under pressure and develop and maintain professional, service and team-oriented working relationships with co-workers and patients.
- Strong computer and internet research skills required.
- Able to perform Basic Life Support (BLS) and maintain certification.
- Able to acquire and maintain HIPAA and OSHA knowledge and certifications.
Dr Harold Patino Oral Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery
2760 Forgue DriveNaperville, IL
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.