JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support to the General Manager and administrative operation staff.
- Preserve the confidentiality of proprietary information and uses good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority
- Arrange travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for field and administrative staff
- Create and maintains database and spreadsheet files
- Prepare weekly expense reports
- Take part in planning administrative events
- Answer and screen incoming and outgoing calls and correspondence. Respond independently when possible; Take and relay incoming messages and place outgoing calls, as needed
- Work in coordination with administrative staff
- Work independently under general direction on a wide variety of projects
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
- Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Customer Services - Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
- Administrative Skills- Performs a variety of responsible and confidential office, clerical and professional administrative duties.
- Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate.
- Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
- Quality Management- Integrates organizational functions (i.e., marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational goals.
- Workforce Development- Effective in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of competent staff members.
- Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
- Problem Solving- Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Decision Making- Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option.
- Independence- Works with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to Learn- Willing to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible secretarial or administrative experience
- Microsoft office experience with knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience & knowledge of Alaska Native cultures
- Must type at least 60 wpm and have excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Doyon Shareholder
- Valid Driver's License
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Title: Administrative Assistant- Temporary
Job Reference: 20-0022
Post Date: 1/24/2020
Close Date: 1/29/2020
Point of Hire: Anchorage, AK
Company: DRFS - Doyon Remote Facilities & Service
Reports To: General Manager
Starting Pay: DOE
Type of Position: Temporary Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Schedule: Monday - Friday