POSITION OBJECTIVES: This position's primary responsibility is to manage the company's front lobby area to include answering incoming calls, and receiving and directing all guests. In addition to managing the front lobby area, the Administrative Assistant will provide basic administrative support to include the processing of incoming and outgoing correspondence, assist with the maintenance of the electronic file management system; project coordination, prepare and finalize correspondence, process invoices, arrange travel and coordinate transportation, prepare presentations with guidance and oversight, and special projects.
1. Answer multi line phone system, direct calls and greet visitors; when possible respond independently and take/relay incoming messages and place outgoing calls, as needed.
2. Provide administrative support and communicate effectively with the Corporate and Site Management, Staff, Government Officials, military entities and Doyon Utilities personnel.
3. Responsible for sorting, logging, and distribution of incoming communications and processing of outgoing mail.
4. Maintain files utilizing record and document management systems.
5. Prepare routine correspondence and presentations from handwritten notes, dictated materials, or as directed orally.
6. Arrange routine travel and coordinate transportation.
7. Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and assist with purchasing as necessary.
8. Arrange meetings and conferences assuring complete information is available as required.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to work with minimal supervision regarding daily activities.
2. Must understand and be committed to confidentiality.
3. Must have strong knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, general office practices and procedures.
4. Must have excellent communication, customer service and project organization.
5. Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
6. Working knowledge of business office equipment such as copiers, printers and fax machines.
7. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
8. Type a minimum of 40 wpm.
9. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
10. Must have a valid Alaska Driver's License.
11. Attention to detail to ensure work and information are complete.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The incumbent is subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published policy of Doyon Utilities.
2. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
3. Must have a valid driver's license issued by the State of Alaska.
ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting. The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, will be provided to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Two years of administrative experience in a professional office environment.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Reference: 19-0275
Post Date: 11/27/2019
Point of Hire: Fairbanks, AK
Company: DU - Doyon Utilities
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Starting Pay: DOE
Type of Position: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday - Friday