JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall management and operations of complex federal government medical and general construction projects in accordance with company policies, procedures and governmental regulations. This position oversees construction operations in multiple locations. Ensure that all hiring practices conform with company’s Affirmative Action plan as well as state and federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws, including without limitation, anti-discrimination and harassment laws relating to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status.
• Responsible for the overall management and operations of complex construction projects
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Profit and loss management
• Resource allocation; ensures proper staffing (supervisory, administrative, engineering, cost control and other workers) at all phases of each project
• Client management and communication
• Directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing federal government medical and general construction projects
• Resolve complaints and grievances within the work force
• Manages supervisory and personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
• Inspects work in progress to ensure adherence to construction schedules
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
• Business Development; experienced in developing capture strategies for various federal agencies to seek out business opportunities and possible teaming partners (joint ventures, design partners, exclusive key subs);
• Skilled in Estimating, proposal writing, contracts, project management, scheduling, cost controls, project controls
• Lead and delegate as a Capture Manager for bid proposals associated with the geographical area managed.
• EEO/AA Enforcement/Compliance Standards, as set forth further in the Job Summary and Core Requirements sections
• Development of employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
• Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
• Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans; train and develop subordinates to take on additional duties
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management
• The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Must be familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws or be willing to undergo training in this area; ensures that all hiring, promotion and employee relations practices are in compliance with EEO/AA laws and with company’s Affirmative Action Plan, including without limitation all state and federal laws and all company policies and procedures relating to hiring, promotion, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws and policies relating to employees’ race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Leadership- Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
• Strategic Implementation/Thinking - Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategies, examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term perspective, determines objectives, sets priorities, and anticipates potential threats or opportunities
• Supervisory Skills - Oversees, guides, and evaluates activities of immediate subordinates
• A graduate of a 4-year college with a degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management and 15+ years progressive construction project management experience with successful profit and loss responsibility for local or regional construction office.
• Experience working on U.S. Navy (NAVFAC), Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), or USAF federal contracts
• Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully managing federal contracts
• Excellent communication skills, highly organized and self-motivated
• Excellent computing skills; proficient user of Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Primavera, or equivalent
• Project scheduling experience
• Professional Engineer, Civil Engineering or ability to obtain license
• 10 years’ experience in medical construction highly desirable
• Experience with federal health care design build construction projects
• 10 + years of progressive military construction/engineering project experience
• Active clearance or ability to obtain a government issued clearance.
• LEED Accreditation
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
DGG is a subsidiary of Doyon, Limited, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) headquartered in Fairbanks, Alaska. Established under the 1971 Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA), Doyon is the largest private landowner in Alaska, with more than 12.5 million acres allocated to the corporation under ANCSA. Doyon operates a diverse Family of Companies and has built a strong reputation for innovation and technical expertise.