JOB SUMMARY: Estimating federal building construction and civil / public works projects.
Project scheduling and cost schedule allocation. Budgeting and working with construction / project managers.
· Estimating commercial building construction and civil / public works projects
· Project scheduling and cost schedule allocation
· Assist the Capture Manger in the preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates, including the preparation of bid documents and coordinate with the proposal writer (BD department) in the development of clear written proposals and correspondence
· Presentation of the estimates/proposals
· Distribute RFP documents and addendums to subcontractors
· Provide complete front-end evaluations of solicitations and prepare bond requests, confirm wage designations and tax requirements
· Provide quantified scope and material takeoffs on drawings, and plans; prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems
· Prepares and summarizes task and subtask estimates, including rate and unit cost determination
· Assigns material costs and staffing costs to the takeoffs
· Lead the setup of the ITB, advertise project to obtain written and telephone quotes for materials and services
· Contact and develop rapport with bidding subcontractors
· Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data and construction procedures and methods
· Organize bid closing
· Review and Coordinate with technical team and schedule writer, confirm scope, milestones, phases, and contract restrictions required by the RFPs.
· Review special proposal requirements with the project bid team
· Participate in final bid review with Sr. Management to establish markup and final cost to complete the as-bid estimate. Provide final bids to Area Construction Manager for approval
· Ensure that all bid forms are completed and properly executed and delivered to proposal lead for final signature’s and delivery of bids
· Lead estimate hand off on successful bids
· Provide copies of estimate and assist the Project Manager for setting up general expense and preliminary construction schedules on successful projects
· The qualified estimator should also have all the skills and abilities to be the project manager on any awarded project. The estimator may need to assist operations in managing new work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
· Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals
· Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions
· Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
Project Management Skills:
· Evaluates specifications to plan procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction
· Ensures proper staffing (supervisory, administrative, engineering, cost control and other workers) at all phases of each project
· Ensures procurement of tools, equipment and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules
· Directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
· Oversees supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within the work force
· Manages supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors , and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or trade school equivalent plus 15 years’ experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Organized and self motivated
· Excellent communication and computer skills
· Experience using On screen Take Off
· Proficient in using Microsoft Excel
· Government project experience a plus, but not necessary if other commercial experience is sufficient
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.