JOB SUMMARY: The Quality Control Manager (QCM) has overall responsibility for reporting directly to the Project Manager and Corporate Management for the verification that we meet all quality standards on our projects. The Quality Control Manager (project level) plans, coordinates, and oversees implementation of Construction quality control and quality assurance programs at the project level. This position also creates, reviews and amends Project Quality Plans to keep them current and to ensure compliance in all respects with the contract, established standards, methods and specifications.
• Create and manage the Quality Control Plan for success on assigned construction projects
• Read and understand complex contract specifications, documents and architectural/engineering/mechanical and electrical drawings
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Review and approve submittals, process and understand RFI’s
• Create a Daily Activity Report to be a detailed, thorough and complete historical record of the day’s daily activities
• Work with others in a team environment to ensure contract requirements, project goals and objectives are met
• Communicate and reason with client’s quality assurance personnel and technical experts, and field quality assurance, technical authorities and construction supervisory representatives
• Make presentations, host meetings and engage in problem solving by bringing together technical experts, authorities having jurisdiction, assigning action items, documenting minutes and follow through to closure
• Proficiency in QCS/RMS software applications, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Prepare graphs, charts of data, proposals, reports, and manuals
• Implement the three phases of quality control
• Read survey shots (grade and elevation)
• Mentor Quality Control Specialists
• Other duties as assigned
• Depending on size, complexity and number of Definable Features of Work, this position manages the Project Quality Control Plan, ensures all contract requirements are being met and supervises project Quality Control Inspectors.
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develop plans, prioritize, organize and manage resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific period of time
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction management-preferably in the federal arena
• Specific past performance and references as an approved QC Specialist/Manager on one or more Federal construction projects
• Contractor Quality Management for Contractors Certification or ability to obtain the certification
• Experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong proficiency in QCS/RMS software applications, Internet and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Continuing education in related fields
• Valid OSHA 10/30 certification
• Valid First Aid/CPR certification
• Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification
• Healthcare and railroad construction experience
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in an indoor/outdoor setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to perform climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear and repeat motions. Light Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects is required. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes. Occasional travel.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
DGG is a subsidiary of Doyon, Limited, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) headquartered in Fairbanks, Alaska. Established under the 1971 Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA), Doyon is the largest private landowner in Alaska, with more than 12.5 million acres allocated to the corporation under ANCSA. Doyon operates a diverse Family of Companies and has built a strong reputation for innovation and technical expertise.