Head of Marketing
Downtown Music New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SongtrustⓇ is the world's largest technology solution for global music publishing royalty collection and administration. It was founded to simplify music rights management and remove the complexity of the publishing landscape. Songtrust's core mission is to help musicians, publishers, labels, and distributors easily track and collect global publishing royalties for their music catalogs. Songtrust administers more than 2,000,000 songs and represents more than 300,000 songwriters, including those who have written songs recorded by Drake, Billie Eilish, and Kendrick Lamar. The company works with publishers and distributors such as CD Baby, Downtown Music Publishing, and Sub Pop Publishing. Songtrust maintains the most extensive, accessible publishing network in the music industry by having direct relationships across more than 50 rights societies around the world covering more than 215 countries and territories. Songtrust® is a registered service mark of ST Music LLC, which is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings. Songtrust was named a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup upon launch in 2011. The company is headquartered in New York City. For more information, please visit: http://songtrust.com/
Songtrust is looking for a creative, energized, growth-focused leader for our marketing efforts. In this role, you will work closely with the company's Client Relations (sales and support), Rights Management, and Product teams to position the company as the leading global music publishing administration solution.
You will be responsible for developing proactive, strategic marketing plans across the Songtrust brand and our key product offerings that support our client growth and retention efforts. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to grow our marketing department that will be responsible for brand, digital, and product marketing, lead generation, and analytics.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience running a cross-functional marketing team, able to move quickly and adapt in a changing environment, and will be effective in building relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
This position can be located in any of our offices in the following cities: New York, Portland, Nashville, Los Angeles
What you'll be doing:
- Drive global qualified client acquisition through growth, content, and digital marketing for Songtrust
- Build and coach our marketing team composed of growth marketers, content marketers, and digital engagement managers
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans at every level of the funnel, strengthening Songtrust's position as a leader in global music rights management
- Set current and long-term goals, objectives, and KPIs that connect to the company's overall goals
- Serve as a strategic partner to the President and Head of Client Relations and work collaboratively with Songtrust's other department heads to support cross-team collaboration and overarching business goals
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of marketing contribution to pipeline, ROI, and budget impact
- Cultivate relationships and lead strategic initiatives with data-informed decision making, consultation, effective communication, and collaboration skills
You are / have:
Note: we view this section as a guide, not a checklist.
- 8-10 years of marketing experience, working with creative and high growth businesses
- Demonstrated ability to develop B2C marketing strategies and positioning for brands with multiple product lines
- Experience managing a developing marketing team and aligning to achieving strategic goals
- An aptitude for working with analytics and data, and turning those insights into compelling and actionable marketing campaigns; using paid media experimentation to drive impact
- Familiarity with a digital-heavy marketing strategy, and comfort with multiple digital channels and website optimization efforts
- Committed to a collaborative, fast-paced, evolving environment inspiring experimentation and iteration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, and enjoy working with clients
- You have the ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking and demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable serving as a spokesperson at industry events and in trade media
- Passion for building teams and developing talent
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a welcoming, driven team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k (with matching)
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike membership (NYC Employees Only)
- Paid volunteer hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.