Songtrust® is the world's largest technology solution for global music publishing royalty collection and administration. It was founded to simplify music rights management and remove the complexity of the publishing landscape. Songtrust's core mission is to help musicians, publishers, labels, and distributors easily track and collect global publishing royalties for their music catalogs. Songtrust administers more than 2,000,000 songs and represents more than 300,000 songwriters, including those who have written songs recorded by Drake, Billie Eilish, and Kendrick Lamar. The company works with publishers and distributors such as CD Baby, Downtown Music Publishing, and Sub Pop Publishing. Songtrust maintains the most extensive, accessible publishing network in the music industry by having direct relationships across more than 50 rights societies around the world covering more than 150 countries and territories. Songtrust® is a registered service mark of ST Music LLC, which is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings. Songtrust was named a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup upon launch in 2011. The company is headquartered in New York City.
Songtrust is looking for a Client Services Associate to help with the prioritization and advocacy of new and existing clients (songwriters, artists, managers, producers, attorneys, etc). This role is instrumental to keeping our clients happy, informed, and heard throughout the business. Outside of working with a mission-driven team, you'll have the opportunity to impact creatives everyday and be part of Songtrusts' overall goal to help musicians collect their global royalties.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as the primary, administrative point of contact for questions from Songtrust clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Provide exceptional customer service to Songtrust's roster of global songwriters and business partners
- Work within a close-knit team to continue building our growing Client Services team at Songtrust
- Help solicit client feedback to improve service, user experience, and software features
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Songtrust's proprietary technology and systems
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Business Development, and Product teams to provide the best experience and be an advocate for our clients
This role is remotely onboarding and training due to COVID-19. Depending on location, you may have an option to continue working remotely or adapt to a hybrid model.
After 3 months you'll have:
- Achieve a thorough understanding of music publishing administration, internal operations, Songtrust platform functionality, and industry prospecting/researching applications
- Establish a high level of comfortability with the company's internal systems including but not limited to HubSpot (CRM), Airtable, and Confluence
You are / have:
- 1-2 years' experience working in music publishing with a performing rights society and/or rights management company
- 6+ months experience in a client-facing, customer support, or account management role at a startup, tech, or SaaS company
- Familiarity with CRMs or ticketing systems (HubSpot, Zendesk, Salesforce, Freshdesk)
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Spreadsheets, or large datasets
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities, and maintaining composure under stressful/ time-sensitive situations
We'd love if you have:
- Experience with project management systems like Airtable, Asana or JIRA
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced & evolving environment
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or French speaker preferred)
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a welcoming, driven team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k (with matching)
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike membership (NYC Employees Only)
- Paid volunteer hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.