Pay Range : $16.85 per hour +$0.75 for night shift and +$0.25 for swing shift differential
- Maintain safety and security of the CSC by monitoring security cameras, answering telephones, and participating in facility walk-throughs (typically done at 15 minute intervals).
- Respond to emergencies and initiate the appropriate response including contacting emergency-response systems as needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of work area.
- Work scheduled hours at stations and/or milieu coverage and handle all duties of those areas, including meal service and clean up.
- Document client interactions and other shift occurrences as needed and as directed..
- Perform routine maintenance/cleaning functions and initiate appropriate response to maintenance requests outside scope.
- Follow all crisis solutions center procedures as well as DESC ethics policies in maintaining appropriate client-staff interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be reasonably available to accept on-call shifts with less than 24 hours notice during night shift and/or swing shift hours.
- Maintain current contact information with supervisor, including phone, email, text, etc.
- Once a shift is accepted, work that shift from start to finish, except in extraordinary circumstances that make this impossible.
- Attend to work responsibilities while on duty, and limit personal phone calls and other interruptions to break times except for emergencies.
- Ability to learn and incorporate required CSC protocols and procedures with limited training and orientation (typically 1 full shift and/or reviewing reference material).
- Active Washington State Department of Health license or credential; including but not limited to CDP-T, CAN, AAC, LPN, etc.
- Interest in working with individuals disabled by mental illness and/or substance abuse who are experiencing a crisis; experience working in social service is desirable.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from various backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to be timely, dependable, and reliable in attendance.
- Ability to focus and be productive with multiple demands and interruptions; conversely also able to focus and be productive during periods of quiet solitude.
- Ability to prioritize quickly under pressure and demonstrate good judgment during emergent and/or crisis situations with a minimum of close supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Basic knowledge of de-escalation skills, crisis intervention & stabilization, and harm reduction strategies, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, walk including up and down stairs, and communicate with other employees, required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds and to operate computer hardware systems. Occasionally job duties will include the need to kneel and bend or lean over. Specific vision abilities required by the job include spending long periods of time watching computer monitors, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.