Title: Flats Forward Director
Responsible for managing Flats Forward, a 501 (c) 3 organization which represents the stakeholders in the Flats. Works closely with board leadership to implement strategic marketing and communications plans, projects, advocacy, and fundraising.
- Build annual business plans and budgets for the organization; oversee financial management and reporting
- Develop funding sources to support the organization’s revenues by expanding membership; identifying and pursuing grant funding (from both Foundations and governments agencies), and diversify funding sources by leveraging outside resources and events
- Negotiate all contracts on behalf of the organization
- In conjunction with and approval of Board members manage Projects intended to improve the safety and livability of the Flats
- Act as the voice of the neighborhood at City Design Review, City Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals, Cuyahoga River Safety Taskforce meetings as needed.
- Serve as a member of the Flats Forward Executive Committee
- Act as a primary advocate for The Flats by representing the organization at all meetings and task forces as necessary, including but not limited to: US Coast Guard (USCG), Northeast Ohio Area Coordinating Association) NOACA, adjoining Community Development Corporations (CDCs), Cleveland Police Department (CPD), MetroParks and Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the organization with all media.
- Manage and expand the use of all social media channels.
- Produce monthly e-newsletter
- Develop and implement plans for the organization’s annual meetings.
- Organize business development and redevelopment initiatives.
- Deliver appropriate and timely management, financial, and progress reports to the Board of Directs and other constituents as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Public Administration, Urban Planning, Political Science, Business, or related field.
- 5 years of progressive management experience, and/or leadership experience with an economic development-oriented organization serving a diverse constituency (ideally residential, commercial and industrial.)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, develop, motivate, and retain staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Skilled consensus-builder with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse workgroups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizational structures.
- Understanding of local government operations and procedures.
- Experience with Media