Virtual Services Instructor
- Expired: January 09, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Virtual Services Instructor
Location: Remote (must be in Wisconsin)
Reports To: Virtual Service Coordinator
Status: Part Time
Pay: $16 - 18/Hour
FLSA Status: Not applicable
The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and related disabilities and their families through awareness, education, information, programs, services, and the exchange of ideas and experiences.
DSAW provides programs and services throughout the lifespan (Parent's First Call for new and expectant parents, children's services, adult services, vocational services, and aging services), as well as educational opportunities and events.
We have an immediate opening for a Virtual Services Instructor. The Virtual Services Instructor will facilitate and plan some of our DSAW's virtual class series (DSAW Connects) and serve as the secondary touchpoint for families about the classes they facilitate. The instructor will also have the responsibility of creating or modifying the curriculum for their DSAW Connects classes.
We are looking for someone who has experience working with individuals with disabilities. Candidates must be experienced and skilled in using technology, especially Zoom, and must feel comfortable running the technology and trouble-shooting when needed.
The Virtual Service instructor will be instructing online classes and needs to have proficient facilitation skills. The Virtual Instructor will need to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment in their online classroom for our DSAW self advocates.
The Virtual Services Instructor must be a skilled communicator, empathetic listener, and an excellent problem-solver. Overall, the candidate must be a fast learner who is passionate about helping individuals with disabilities achieve amazing lives.
The Virtual Services Instructor must be willing to work some evenings in support of this role. This is a remote role - candidates must be based in Wisconsin.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Virtual Class Instruction
- Serve as the lead instructor for some virtual classes
- Develop and modify curriculum to support participants through skill acquisition
- Facilitate conversation in a virtual setting
- Utilize Zoom technology to support an innovative learning environment
- Work with curriculum specialists to create curriculum for the classes
- Manage the technology for the classes
- 2+ years working with families and clients with developmental disabilities
- Applicant must have a valid driver's license and insured vehicle
- Applicants must pass a caregiver background check that meets State of Wisconsin requirements
- Must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to adults
- Demonstrates warmth, insight, interest, and respect for persons with disabilities
- Willingness to accept flexibility with their schedule
- Able and knowledgeable to cope with emergency situations or behavioral situations in a calm and effective manner
- Able and willing to be a team player and to work cooperatively with their supervisor
- Able to communicate effectively with consumers and employers
Given that the Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin is a non-profit organization that is not engaged in the production of goods or services, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Wisconsin overtime law does not apply to DSAW employees. Nonetheless, this is an hourly position budgeted at $16 - $18 / hour.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to healthy snacks, bottled water, coffee, and tea at the DSAW office
- Ongoing training opportunities sponsored by DSAW
- Employee referral program (employee will receive $50 if their referral is hired)
- Relaxed dress code at the discretion of your supervisor
- Annual offsite staff team-building activities
- An amazing mission and culture!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion or any other protected basis as provided by law.Employment Type: PART_TIME
Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin
Get fresh Virtual Instructor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.