Director of Nursing - SNF
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THE HOURS: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
All Dow Rummel Employees are required to be both COVID and Influenza Vaccinated.
The Director of Nursing/RN primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operations of the Skilled Nursing Center in accordance with current federal state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern Dow Rummel Village, and as directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to assure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
- Delegate to nursing supervisory staff the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Monitor nursing services to assure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Provide Administrator with information relative to the nursing needs of the resident and nursing department’s ability to meet those needs.
- Review nurses’ notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the resident’s response to the care.
- Monitor call response system to ensure timely resident assistance,
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that provides instruction on “how to do the job”, and ensures a well-educated Nursing Department.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new associates in the department, its policies and procedures, and his/her job position and duties.
- Ensure that there is a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Prepare and plan the Nursing Department’s budget and submit to Administrator for review/ recommendations.
Are you an advocate for empathy? This position requires someone who is responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. Most importantly, it will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
Are you a natural observer? This position requires someone who is above all, genuinely interested in naturally discovering residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are. Collaborate to create appropriate health care plans and implement strategies with patience to ensure success.
- have ability to interact well with residents and families, physicians, and staff, work as part of a team.
- have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents.
- have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands.
- Must possess a current RN license from the state of South Dakota.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)
Dow Rummel Village
AddressSioux Falls, SD
HealthcareView all jobs at Dow Rummel Village
Get fresh Monday Friday Caregiver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.