Director of Assisted Living
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THE HOURS: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Dow Rummel Leadership wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part of a much larger story of our residents’ lives. It is our mission that Dow Rummel Village associates create joy-filled memories with this respected and unique generation.
Dow Rummel is a non-profit organization located in Sioux Falls, SD and has been the premier life plan community in the area for over 55 years.
The Director of Assisted Living (Village South) responsibilities include achieving and maintaining census of the community to capacity, and achieving high resident satisfaction and quality resident care, ensuring compliance with applicable State and Federal requirements. Additional responsibilities are generating respect in the Sioux Falls community for the senior community, and for ensuring smooth operations. Must have ability to: interact well with residents and families, physicians, and associates; work as part of a team. Must have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks. Must demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents. The ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training are a must as well. Director will be expected to work as necessary to maintain a fully associated facility and to keep the facility fully occupied with residents appropriate for the facility and to be otherwise on call.
- Direct the performance of all associates in the Assisted Living Facility.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of and comply with all State and Federal laws and regulations and all company rules and regulations governing assisted living homes.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care and services and ensure positive resident relations by responding promptly and appropriately to resident needs, requests, concerns, etc.
- Provide orientations and tours for the residents, prospects, and associates
- Admit and retain residents who meet acceptance criteria and whose needs can be met by the facility;
- Employ, supervise, and evaluate qualified associates and to direct these employees to ensure -the
provision of appropriate quality services to residents, operating within established personnel policies; and in hiring, to thoroughly check employee's references and evaluate the person according to the job to keep associates turnover at a minimum.
- Maintain staffing to meet 24 hour, 7 days a week general monitoring of the residents; and on-call/back-up associates
- Promote and maintain positive relations with residents and addressing resident concerns appropriately.
- Participate in the move-in and routine assessment process per Assisted Living regulations and community policy as appropriate and/or requested.
- Work with the CFO and Executive Director, Health Care Services on developing and implementing operating and capital budgets
- Maintain operations within established budget
- Comply with and uphold Dow Rummel policy and procedures as set forth by the business.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facility to ensure it is safe from potential hazards.
Are you an advocate for empathy? This position requires someone who is responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. Most importantly, it will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
Are you a natural observer? This position requires someone who is above all, genuinely interested in naturally discovering residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are. Collaborate to create appropriate health care plans and implement strategies with patience to ensure success.
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, social work, psychology, gerontology or related field preferred.
- have ability to interact well with residents and families, physicians, and staff, work as part of a team.
- have good basic interpersonal skills –oral and written communication skills, positive, patient attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- demonstrate ability to be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative in working with residents.
- have ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures as outlined in orientation and training.
- be able to push and pull 60 pounds, must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be able to carry 15 pounds with two hands.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Wellness Center Membership
- Employee Recognition Program
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional HSA Account with Dow Rummel Village adding funds each pay period
- Cell Phone Discount (Verizon/AT&T)
Dow Rummel Village
AddressSioux Falls, SD
Personal CareView all jobs at Dow Rummel Village