Customer Support Manager (Escalations)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship The Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Wall Street Journal is America's largest newspaper by paid circulation. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world's largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance, experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
Based in: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Head of Consumer Services
- Oversee the operations of the Consumer escalation team consisting of approximately 30 customer service reps. servicing members subscribing to The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and MarketWatch
- Set and achieve performance targets including quality and contact handling service levels and cost to serve
- Develop and maintain a stable and flexible team that is highly committed, motivated, competent and results focused
- Positively influence levels of absenteeism and staff retention
- Maintain\ up to date knowledge of industry developments to provide input into the strategy of the Consumer Services Customer Service group
- Work with stakeholders across all departments, as needed, to support company goals, including increasing efficiency/save time, reduce manual work, improve the customer experience
- Manage, influence and support positive change throughout the organization
- Develop and build an effective 2nd and 3rd level escalation procedure, including people and process. Lead the team to resolve escalated problems and queries which are effective and measurable
- Work with the Service Performance team and the Quality Management team to create and actively utilize daily, weekly, monthly team KPI adherence, quantitative and qualitative reports
- Coordinate staff recruitment, liaising with HR staff, on-boarding and training for each member of the team
- Review the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training sessions
- Handle the most complex customer complaints or enquiries
- Organize staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand
- Coach, motivate and retain staff, and coordinate bonus, reward and incentive schemes
- At least three years experience as a manager of a problem-solving team of at least six people
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience supporting a Customer Service organization that directly communicates with customers, typically via telephone, email and live chat
- Ability to handle executive- level complaints
- Ability to prioritize your own work and the overall tasks of the team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- The ability to coach and mentor individuals for optimum results
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other similar CRM, phone/email/chat platforms, fulfillment systems, knowledge bases, Microsoft suite of business products, Google
- Basic technical knowledge of and competence in websites, smartphones and tablets as well as basic operational knowledge of billing and fulfillment systems
- Ability to establish and maintain a collaborative team environment
- Ability to build effective working relationships and communicate with all levels of the business, including Finance, Circulation, Product, Marketing and Operations
- Ability to create, influence and manage positive change
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Looking for a long-term career in customer services management
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly
- Recognition that operational roles of this nature may involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management
- Experience supporting a sales team a plus
- Previous experience in a subscription-based business; print and digital publishing a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Job Category: Customer Service/Support Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16859