Director of Marketing
- Expired: January 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you love direct response marketing?
Do you want to work remotely for an impact-based, female-founded, fast-growing company?
Do you want to help change the world by giving women+ the financial peace and confidence they deserve?
We are looking for an experienced Director of Marketing to join our women-led team and be a key player in our organization- not only to grow our business but to grow our impact. We want a Director of Marketing who believes in our mission, has heart, and wants to work in an organization where team members are treated like family.
This role is a top priority in the company. We are looking for someone who can own the Marketing Department, which has thus far been run by the two co-founders. We are looking for someone with direct response marketing experience - who knows how to enroll people without being scammy, who knows how to share value while pitching an offer, who knows how to speak directly to our customers using language that resonates.
This role is important because marketing is THE growth engine of our business. You will be responsible for some of the biggest levers at Dow Janes and ALL things marketing: paid ads, organic content, sales funnel, and email marketing. You will do all of this with incredible project management and analytical skills.
This is a very important role in the company: You will be responsible for some of the most critical metrics in the company, like monthly revenue, CPA, and Lead to Sale conversion rate.
As we grow and scale, we need someone who can own their role and hit their numbers, manage multiple moving pieces and team members with incredible project management and organization skills, and equally important - be someone we love working with, since you will work very closely with the co-founders.
What will you do in this role?
Here are the three main things you will be responsible for:
1. Paid Ads + Funnel Management
- Outcome: You manage our entire paid ads sales funnel - from ad creative to sale - to lower our Cost per Acquisition and increase our Lead to Sale conversion rate. You are responsible for month over month revenue growth, and drive the engine of our business.
- Have experience with Facebook ads and know how to manage contractors or agencies to get results
- Also manage ads (or agencies) on YouTube, AdWords, TikTok
- Use GA4 and spreadsheets to monitor KPIs
- Regularly optimize the funnel to improve metrics (show up rate, conversion rate, etc.)
- Love hitting goals + getting results
- Love geeking out on marketing tech and strategy and we talk about it all the time
- Oversee new ad creative refreshes
2. Organic Content Strategy
- Outcome: You use your SEO skills to come up with our annual organic content strategy that resonates with our audience and leads to the growth of our followers across all platforms: YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Facebook. You oversee the creation of multi-purpose content that can be used across platforms and generates additional traffic to our blog. If you already have knowledge of the personal finance space, that's an added bonus!
- Use SEO research + customer research to come up with content plan
- Oversee team of writer, graphic designer, IG content creation agency to implement content plan
- Track KPIs across platforms + blog traffic to measure success
3. Email Marketing (and bonus: Affiliate Marketing)
- Outcome: You design and concept promotional email campaigns to our list that generate an additional 25% of revenue each month. You manage our email list - writing nurture sequences, sales sequences, and webinar invite sequences to grow revenue from our leads. You segment our list with quizzes and questions that allow us to target them with specific offers.
- Create annual promotional calendar
- Work with copywriter, graphic designer, and Martech to implement email campaigns
- Track data and use it to optimize future campaigns
- Use project planning to meet deadlines
- Bonus: You have Affiliate Marketing experience and can build out our affiliate marketing revenue stream.
Who will you work with?
You will report directly to Britt, our CEO. You will manage various existing agencies and contractors, while also building out your own team as necessary.
We're a company that values work life balance. We have a dynamic and fast paced start up culture and we expect you to work hard... but we also take time to rest and enjoy life! If you come from corporate America, but crave the intimate team, fast paced environment and want to work for a female-led, mission-driven organization doing good things in the world, you'll love this role.
Where will you work?
We all work remotely and are scattered around North America from Washington to California, Florida to Massachusetts, as well as across the world - with team members in the Philippines and Pakistan.
That means you have the flexibility to work from anywhere - home, a coworking location, or remotely from Bali. Take your pick!
We don't micromanage you. We expect you to do your job, and make a plan when you need support.
You will own 3 numbers as the Director of Marketing:
- Revenue growth month over month. You will be responsible - via ads, organic content, and email marketing - to hit specific revenue targets each month.
- Overall Lead to Sale rate. You will be responsible for increasing the # of people who join our program, as a percentage of total leads, through email marketing and webinar funnel optimization.
- Cost Per Acquisition. You will be responsible for lowering our cost per acquisition number, both on platform, and across the business - through efficient ad spend, organic growth, and email marketing.
What does Dow Janes do and why?
Dow Janes is by women, for women company on a mission to get more money in the hands of more women through financial education. We help women get out of debt, learn to save, and get invested.
We offer a year-long coaching program, the Million Dollar Year, where we provide a step-by-step financial education curriculum, coaching, and a community that supports women on their journey of financial transformation. We also offer a more hands-on program called the Wealth Building Accelerator, to help people increase their incomes so that they can pay off debt faster and/or get invested sooner.
We believe that good things happen when women have money, and we see it happen every single day at Dow Janes.
We've seen hundreds of success stories like Megan. People who now have peace of mind, confidence, and security that they didn't have before.
Do you want to be the one responsible for finding more Megans? For getting the word out about Dow Janes so that we can change more lives?
If you are excited to help us grow this business 10x over the next 5 years by leading our marketing department, I look forward to talking to you.
- 5-10 years of direct response marketing experience
- Experience managing Facebook ads
- Experience with webinar funnel style marketing
- Experience managing ad agencies
- SEO experience
- Strong project management skills
- Strong team management / leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
This could be for you if:
- You love direct response marketing.
- You have a knack for managing multiple moving pieces and projects at once.
- You are a strong people manager.
- You love making decisions based on data.
- You are extremely organized.
- You think strategically and creatively.
- You love testing new ideas and seeing what works based on the data.
- You have a critical eye for copy and creative.
- You are results-driven in your work; you love doing a good job.
- You are a strong written communicator.
- You are tech savvy and can learn new platforms quickly.
- You are enthusiastic, uplifting, and positive.
- You are growth-oriented, looking for ways to improve existing systems and processes.
- You prefer a work culture where there is direct feedback, high expectations, and people work well together.
- Bonus: You have affiliate marketing experience, conversion rate optimization experience, experience managing Facebook ads, and/or knowledge of the personal finance and investing space
- Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote)
- Competitive compensation package includes:
- Base Salary ($90,000 - $130,000)
- Health, vision and dental insurance stipend
- 401K + wealth building stipend
- Tech stipend
- Annual corporate retreat
- 4 weeks PTO and all federal holidays
- 3 months fully paid maternity leave and an additional 3 months unpaid if desired
Why you'll love it here:
- We're a small enthusiastic team of people that love their work, love this company, and love each other.
- We're a 100% women owned company.
- We believe in doing well by doing good.
- We share the profits of the company with our employees that helped generate them.
- We're dedicated and passionate, but we're not workaholics. We don't do overtime.
- We want you to love your life and thus stay with us for life. We work smart and strategically to eliminate busy work and wasted efforts. We intentionally direct our energy to tasks and ideas that produce results - and that's it.
- You can work independently and from anywhere (we're 100% remote).
- You get to use your talents for good! You'll be directly making an impact helping women transform their financial lives (and thus their entire lives!)
- You will get to work alongside our founders who have built Dow Janes from the ground up to a multi-seven figure company.
- You're changing the world (actually). Your ideas matter. You'll directly see the impact of your contributions on our customer.
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Get fresh Direct Marketing Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!