Sewer Maintenance and Repair Worker
Dover Township Dover, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Sewer Maintenance and Repair Worker III
DEPARTMENT: Public Works - Sewer
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under direction, operate mobile television and flusher truck to conduct internal inspection of sanitary sewer lines, and clean and repair lines; operate a ll equipment to perform routine sewer maintenance and re pair work; perform equipment operation for the purposes of training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Operate equipment for the purposes of training in all areas sewer maintenance and repair work.
2. Operate mobile television and flusher truck to conduct internal inspection of sewer lines; locate lines to be inspected using map, determine set up procedures; turn knobs to activate television equipment for video viewing; adjust TV camera and monitor controls for optimal clarity and contrast; locate and identify infiltration points and sewer defects to determine extent of sewer line damage; prepare description of each sewer defect and record pertinent data, including exact location of defect; photograph pictures of serious or unusual irregularities, using camera. (40%)
3. Clean and repair sanitary sewer lines; operate sewer cleaning equipment; inspect manholes, eliminate obstructions (e.g. roots, grease and other deposits) clean and repair manholes, drive pick up truck to haul crew, materials and equipment; break asphalt and other pavement to excavate, cut damaged section of pipe with cutters, remove broken section from ditch; replace broken pipe and reconnect pipe section using pipe sleeve; inspect joints to ensure tightness, pack backfill excavation, tap mainline sewers to install sewer saddles; update sewer maps and manhole charts; service, adjust, and make minor repairs to equipment, machines and attachments. (30%) (2 - 9 hrs for major repair)
4. Mow right of ways to maintain clear paths to sewer lines.
5. Mark roads and home owner properties for digging around sewer lines.
6. Inspect new lateral sewer lines when installed on property.
7. Assist public works units with cross functional projects, i.e., salt, cinder and plow snow, hand dig around sanitary water main breaks, assist environmental crew with projects.
8. Clean equipment and vehicles.
*indicates developed after employment
Education/Employment: Any combination of education and experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below. An example of acceptable qualifications for this position is one to two years experience with maintenance and repair work, possession of valid PA Commercial Drivers License.
Knowledge of sanitary sewer lines maintenance practices and procedures.
Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
Knowledge of mobile television and flusher truck standard operating procedures.
Operation of manual and pneumatic tools (e.g. air and gasoline tamper, air hammer, pick, shovel, masonry tools, jackhammer)
Operation of equipment for the purposes of training.
Ability to cooperate with co-workers as member of a team.
Ability to work independently but remain flexible in accordance with demands of schedule and work team in order to achieve unit objectives.
Ability to adhere to safety standards and recognize safety warnings and hazards.
Ability to demonstrate physical fitness, to include frequent weight lifting of up to 50 lbs., standing and walking for long periods of time, bending and reaching; pushing and pulling.
Ability to demonstrate clear vision and sound hearing to avoid possible hazards, including movi ng vehicles and equipment.
Ability to perform manual tasks or operate equipment for extended periods of time in possible adverse weather conditions.
Ability to demonstrate polite and courteous manner toward the general public.
Work is frequently performed around hazardous machinery and can involve some threat to personal safety if safety standards are not observed. Work occasionally is performed in inclement weather. Work involves responding to emergencies on a twenty-four hour basis, especially during periods of snow.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.
Real EstateView all jobs at Dover Township