Hillphoenix is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services. The story of Hillphoenix is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Hillphoenix. Hillphoenix is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
An assistant project coordinator is the go-to person for those working on a project. Team members rely on the assistant project coordinator to support Project Coordinators, Project managers when needed. The assistant project coordinator provides customer service and support assistance and deals with planned budgets and associated costs. This position will report to the Coordination Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take direction from other Project Coordinators and Project Managers on daily activities.
- Book local travel for field employees.
- Work with Contractors, coordinate equipment delivery and schedules for projects.
- Work with project team to understand and assist with tracking RFQs and orders, task and project assignments.
- Maintain good communication with technicians and contractors to assure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues, and proper documentation of the entire process.
- Ensure accuracy of all work, process all required paperwork.
- Coordinate customer's projects.
- Data entry, scheduling and hosting conference calls and webinars.
- Prepare and use spreadsheets, basic calculations and formulas.
- Maintain contact with sub-contractors, vendors, and customers.
- Interaction with other departments outside of the PM group such as finance, shipping and receiving, scheduling, sales, install team as projects require
- Assist the PC or PM in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, budgets, change orders and preliminary schedules.
- Knowledge of construction notice of commencement NOC documentation and job permitting documentation.
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc. (familiar with AIA)
- Provides regional support by developing and maintaining positive relationship with the internal departments, customers and vendors, for estimating programs and projects.
- Assist the PC’s or PM’s in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Track & manage change orders per project.
- Ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, college education or equivalent experience.
- Experience in administration/office, coordinating tasks within projects, prioritizing, able to work under deadlines, able to perform multiple tasks and move from one project to another.
- Two to four years of experience in a projects-related role, preferred.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience in creating agendas, correspondence, documentation, and presentations.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point, and capable of learning other personal computer applications (AS400 & Maxwell).
- Basic understanding of Job Cost Accounting.
- Able to multi task.
- Must have good problem resolution skills to make decisions related to customer issues.
- Follow up and follow through are critical elements in this position.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to communicate effectively and expeditiously while maintaining professional conduct with all levels of the organization as well as third parties.
- Effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in high-pressure environments, able to manage project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools or controls, and telephone to talk and hear; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stop, crouch and kneel. Occasionally, the employee may have to lift and/or move objects up to 15 lbs. Vision requirements include close, color and peripheral vision.
- Usual office work environment
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Visiting job sites maybe required occasionally.
- While on jobsites, this person must adhere to company and OSHA safety guidelines and protocols. May be required to wear personal protective equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Arizona : Phoenix
Sub Division : Hillphoenix AMS
Job Requisition ID : 29981